What's in the box?
Here's a video on unboxing your Ring Video Doorbell, what you'll find in the box, and what to do with each part.
Here's a breakdown of what's in the box.
- Ring Doorbell
- Micro USB (orange) charging cable
- Mounting bracket (remove the stickers before install)
- Miniature level (snaps into the bracket)
- Screwdriver handle
- Two-sided screwdriver bit
- Screws (can be used in wood or with anchors on masonry surfaces)
- Drill bit for anchors
- User manual
- Diode (use only on electrical home door chime wiring, see this video for more info)
What are the technical requirements?
Ring App works on iOS® 8+ (iPhone/iPad), Android™ 4.0+, Windows 10, and Mac OSX 10.11 El Capitan
- Download the iOS App for iPhone/iPad at ring.com/ios
- Download the Android app at ring.com/android
- Download the Windows 10 app at ring.com/windows
- Download the Mac app at ring.com/mac
Ring App is not available for Blackberry phones, Windows Mobile devices not running Windows 10, or Linux.
Ring Doorbell, Ring Chime, and Ring Stick Up Cam require a 2.4ghz Wi-Fi internet connection (802.11 b/g/n).
Supported Wi-Fi encryption standards:
- WPA2 (recommended)
- WEP (64-bit hex key only, 128-bit not supported)
We recommend internet connections with a 1 mb or higher upload speed for optimal performance. Ring Doorbell Pro supports 2.4 and 5ghz networks. We recommend internet connections with 2 mb or higher upload speed for Ring Pro.
The Ring Video Doorbell connects to existing doorbell wiring, or runs off the built-in battery for total convenience. If powering off doorbell wiring, the wiring must be connected to a transformer and a mechanical or electronic doorbell with a voltage of 8VAC - 24VAC. Ring Pro requires connection to a doorbell transformer between 16 and 24 VAC.
DC Transformers are not supported.
What are the dimensions?
The Ring Video Doorbell is 4.98 x 2.43 x 0.87 inches, 12.65 x 6.17 x 2.21 cm.