Learn how to create a free Ring account to manage your home security.
Setting up your Ring account
Download the Ring app.
Before you get started, make sure to download the Ring app from your app store on your phone or tablet. You can also visit Ring.com/app on your mobile device's browser window.
Create your Ring account.
Once the Ring app is downloaded, you can begin creating your free Ring account.
- Open the Ring app and tap Create Account.
- Enter your First Name and Last Name.
- Choose your Country.
- Enter and confirm your Email address.
- Create and confirm your Password. See password tips.
Verify your email address.
Following account creation, you should receive an email from us to verify your email address within a few minutes. Tap the button in the email notification. Once verified, you'll be able to continue completion of your account setup.
Link your Ring and Amazon accounts.
During account setup, you have the option to link your Amazon and Ring accounts, so you can use features like the Ring Alexa Skill on Echo devices.
Learn more about linking your accounts
Set up your sign-in code phone number.
Each time you sign in to Ring on a new device or browser window, we'll send you a 6-digit code to the phone number you provide. This code is required by Ring to help keep you account safe.
Learn more about Account Verification
Choose your location.
You have the option to set up your Ring account for a home, business, or jobsite.
- Select your location type.
- Enter a valid address where you plan to set up your Ring devices and select Use This Address (or Edit Address if you need to make changes).
- Make sure to pin your address on the map to determine valid coordinates.
- Add a Name for the location and select Save Location.
Thank you for choosing Ring! Here are some more articles to get you started.