Ring Car Cam is designed to shut off automatically when a vehicle’s battery goes below a certain voltage. This happens to prevent excessive battery drain.
Several factors can impact battery life such as:
- The battery’s age
- How often the vehicle is driven
- Other electrical devices active in the vehicle.
You can change the battery setting before Car Cam goes into power saving mode.
- Low (Default): Shortest active time
- Medium: Best for vehicles that are not driven frequently
- High: Longest active time
To Change Battery Settings in the Ring app:
- Tap the menu on the top left (hamburger icon)
- Tap Devices
- Select Car Cam
- Tap Device Settings
- Tap Vehicle Battery Usage
- Follow the prompts in the app to change your settings
- Tap Save on the top right