You only need one battery for your Ring Peephole Cam battery (Door View Cam) to work properly. However, you can purchase a second battery if you'd like to avoid downtime while your battery is charging.
Use a common micro USB cable (an orange one is included in your Ring box). Simply plug it into any USB power source. Your Peephole Cam (Door View Cam) battery can take around 5-10 hours to fully charge depending on whether the USB cable is plugged into a USB port or a wall outlet.
How to charge your Peephole Cam (Door View Cam) battery
- First, remove the back cover by pressing in on the sides and lifting the cover out and off.
- Remove the battery by pressing the silver release tab.
- Connect the orange micro USB charger to the charging port in the battery. During charging, both the red and green lights will light up. Once only the green light is on, your battery is fully charged.
- Slide the fully charged battery back into the Peephole Cam (Door View Cam) until it clicks in place.
- Place the back cover back on by slotting it in at the top and clicking it into place.
- Your Peephole Cam will power up and be ready for use.
Note: You may see an incorrect battery discharge/reporting when setting up your Ring Peephole Cam (Door View Cam) if the device is not fully charged. Please charge the battery completely before setting up your device.