Uninstalling Ring Car Cam is a two step process:
- Physical removal of the Ring Car Cam device from the vehicle
- Removing Ring Car Cam from the Ring app
1. Physically Uninstalling Ring Car Cam
Remove Ring Car Cam gently to avoid damage to the windshield. Do not pry up and down against the windshield.
Gently rock the base of the unit from side to side to loosen the adhesive pad. You can also gently twist clockwise or counterclockwise to loosen the adhesive pad.
Leftover adhesive residue on the windshield can be removed with a mild solvent.
After removing the Car Cam unit use care removing cables and cable-routing accessories.
Be sure to keep the OBD-II adapter and USB cable with the Ring Car Cam unit if you want to install the device in another vehicle.
2. Removing Car Cam from your Ring App
If you're transferring ownership of the Ring Car Cam, you'll need to remove or deactivate the device from your Ring app, even if you've physically uninstalled it. Otherwise the new owner will not be able to use the Ring Car Cam device in their own vehicle.
In the Ring app:
- Tap the menu icon on the top right
- Tap Devices
- Tap the Car Cam
- Tap Device Settings
- Then tap General Settings
- Tap Remove Device
- If you don't care about keeping events, videos or Cloud Highlights, select Delete Events to remove the device.
- To keep videos and Cloud Highlights select Keep Events to deactivate the device and retain access to its events, including cloud highlights
- Follow the prompts in the Ring app to complete the process.
Reinstalling Car Cam in Another Vehicle
Do not attach the Car Cam to the windshield until you're instructed to do so in the Ring app. You'll need a clean windshield and a new adhesive pad. (There are two spare pads in the box.)