|Blue Light||Ring Car Cam's main LED displays a blue light when connected to power or when it is restarted. The light will stays on while booting, approximately 20-30 sec.|
|Pulsing Green Light||
When Ring Car Cam is waiting to be set up (provisioning), the main LED will slowly pulse green.
Pulsing Green Light,
Ring Car Cam's main LED will slowly pulse green, then yellow when the device is powered but not waiting to be set up (provisioning) because it's in a low power set up mode.
To enter Setup Mode, press the setup button (on top) for 2-7 seconds
|Blue Pulsing Light||Ring Car Cam's main LED will quickly flash blue two times every 45 seconds in low power mode.
This indicates that Ring Car Cam's sensors are monitoring your car.
To restart the device, press the setup button (on top) for 7-10 seconds.
Why did Ring Car Cam send me a lot of notifications?
Even when Ring Car Cam is not connected to wifi or LTE, it may continue to monitor your vehicle and store notifications locally. When a connection returns, all the notifications may be sent at once. If there was a long period without a connection, there may be a lot of notifications.
How do I adjust Ring Car Cam 's Motion Sensitivity?
Adjust Ring Ring Car Cam's motion detection by tapping Motion Settings on the Device Dashboard in the Ring app.
1. Tap the menu on the top left.
2. Tap Devices.
3. Select Ring Car Cam.
4. Tap Motion Settings.
- Motion Sensitivity - To adjust the effective range of motion detection, we recommend you try the default setting first. Then, you can make adjustments as needed.
- Note: Ring Car Cam uses sensors to identify key motion events in and around the vehicle, and is not intended to detect all motion near the device.
- Advanced Settings - To customize Motion Detection to fit your preferences and help reduce unwanted alerts.
- Interior motion verification, on by default, lets Ring Car Cam focus on detecting movement inside your vehicle (such as during a break-in). All motion outside is ignored, which lets you avoid alerts for low-priority events like passing cars. However, this also means you also won’t be notified about bumps or crashes.
Why did Ring Car Cam turn off to conserve the vehicle’s battery?
After a drive, Ring Ring Car Cam turns off once it uses a certain amount of battery power. It turns on again when the vehicle is started. Ring Ring Car Cam goes into a low-power mode when the vehicle is parked to draw less power from the battery between uses. To control how long Ring Car Cam stays active between drives, change its Vehicle Battery Usage setting.
Things to Check
- Vehicles need to be driven at highway speeds now and then to keep their battery charged.
- If Ring Car Cam turns off too quickly, raise its Vehicle Battery Usage setting or have your battery tested.
- If the vehicle won’t be used for a while, unplug accessories to protect the car battery.
Factory Reset Ring Car Cam
Warning: This will erase Ring Car Cam's data, settings and all local video.
This process requires you to press and hold the main button three times.
- Turn the engine on.
- Press and hold the main button for 5-7 seconds until it turns yellow, then release it.
- Immediately press the main button a second time and hold it for 5-7 seconds until it turns yellow, then release it.
- Press the main button immediately, a third time, and hold it for 5-7 seconds until it turns yellow, then release it.
- Ring Car Cam will reboot and complete the factory reset.