If your battery-powered Ring security camera is offline, that means it's not working because the battery needs to be charged or it's disconnected from wifi or both.
Keep these three things in mind so you’ll have the best performance and a great experience.
Make sure your battery is charged to 100%
|Charge your battery until the orange light disappears and only the green light is lit||
In the Ring app
Red = battery 30% or lower
Green = charged to 70% or above
New Security Camera? Set Yourself Up for Success
Due to safety regulations for shipping lithium batteries, we can’t package them 100% charged.
The battery will have enough of a charge to set up the security camera in the Ring app, but it can take six to eight hours to charge fully.
If You've had your Security Camera for a While...
You can always check your battery's charge in the Ring app. Follow the steps below.
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap the menu on the top left of your Dashboard.
- Tap Devices.
- Tap the security camera you want to check.
- Tap Device Health.
- Check the battery percentage under Battery Level.
Tip: The new battery charge percentage won't show in the Ring app until after you've reinserted it back into the camera. The battery level in the app will stay the same while the battery is connected to the charging cable.
How to Reconnect to Wifi
- Use the same mobile phone you used to set up your security camera to reconnect to wifi.
- Have your wifi password handy.
- Remember that wifi passwords have no spaces and are case sensitive. They are usually printed on the router.
Green wifi icon = strong signal strength
Red wifi icon with slash = disconnected from wifi
Here’s how to reconnect to wifi in the Ring app.
- Open the Ring app. Tap on the three lines on the top left of your Dashboard.
- Tap Devices.
- Select your security camera by tapping on the image.
- Tap the Device Health tile below the picture of the camera.
- Tap Reconnect to Wifi and follow the prompts to reconnect.
Place your wifi router in an open space so your signal isn't blocked
Most Ring devices use wifi. To keep your security camera connected to wifi, make sure your wifi router isn’t blocked behind a couch or in a closet.
|Move your router from behind couch||Move your router out of closet|