Your Ring App can be set to use different App Tones for different devices. This will let you know what's happening with your Ring devices without even glancing at your app! In order to set up App Alert Tones, just follow these instructions:
- Tap the three dots next to the device name you want to set up with a custom App Alert Tone.
- Tap "Settings" to bring up that device's dashboard.
- Tap the "App Alert Tones" tile to bring up the App Alert Tones menu.
- This will bring up all of the available sounds for that device.
- Note: If you select a Ring Doorbell, you can select one sound for Motion Alerts and one for doorbell rings.
- Select the tone you wish to assign.
- Tap the "Back" button to set your new tone.
- On both iOS and Android devices, the App Alert Tone tone volume can be controlled by using the "notifications" slider in your device's volume controls.
- You will need to turn off the "Do Not Disturb" function on your phone.