Installing your Solar Charger with your Ring Video Doorbell 2 is a very a simple process. Scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
If your Ring Video Doorbell 2 has already been installed, you'll need to uninstall it before putting up your Solar Charger. To uninstall the Ring Video Doorbell 2:
- Remove the security screw.
- Pop off the faceplate.
- Remove the mounting screws.
Using the provided screws mount your new Solar Charger to the wall.
Note: If you are mounting the Solar Charger to a brick or stucco wall, you will need to use the provided wall anchors.
In the next step, you will need to connect your Ring Video Doorbell 2 to the Solar Charger.
- Loosen the two screw terminals on the back of your Ring Video Doorbell 2.
- Insert the wire connector from the Solar Charger under the screws on the terminal.
- Note: Be sure that the side of the terminal that reads "Up" is facing you when you connect the Solar Charger to the screw terminals.
- Re-tighten the screws on the terminals.
In the next step, you'll need to fit your Ring Video Doorbell 2 into the recessed portion of the Solar Charger.
- Note: Be sure to feed the retractable wire wire back into the charger.
Once your Ring Video Doorbell has been fitted into the Solar Charger, secure it using the provided bolts.
Finish your installation by re-attaching the faceplate to your Ring Video Doorbell 2 and installing the security screw.
Note: If you find your Solar Charger unit is having an issue charging your Ring Video Doorbell 2, check the back of your device for a serial number. The serial number is divided into four sections:
- four digits
- six digits
Therefore an entire serial number would look like this: bhrg42217lh000260.
If the four digits after bhrg4 fall in the range of 1715 to 2417, you may find that your Ring Video Doorbell 2 is incompatible with the Solar Charger. Call Customer Support for a free replacement unit.