Welcome to Ring Neighbors, your digital neighborhood watch! Ring Neighbors started out as a way for owners of Ring security cameras to instantly share their Ring videos with neighbors, alerting one another to crime and safety issues in real time. Neighbors proved so popular and effective, that we decided to open it up to everyone, regardless of whether or not they have a Ring device.
Setting up your Ring app and joining your neighborhood without a Ring device is a very a simple process. Scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
To download the Ring App:
- On your mobile device, go to the App Store.
- Do a search for “Ring.”
- Download and install the Ring app on your mobile device.
When you first open up your Ring app, you will see two buttons. The top one is to join Ring Neighbors and the bottom one is to set up a Ring device. Tap the top button.
In the next step, you will need to input your address in order to pinpoint your location. Without your correct address, you cannot be properly placed in your local neighborhood.
- Once your neighborhood is confirmed, agree to the Terms of Service and tap "Join Now."
In the next step, you'll create your Ring account:
- Enter your first and last names
- Enter the email address you would like your Ring account to use.
- Create a password you'll remember. This will allow you to log into your account later.
Note: This information is for account identification purposes only. You name, email, account information, or any other personal information is never shown in the Neighbors part of the app.
Once you've completed the setup process, you can explore your local Neighbors feed.