Connecting your Ring Doorbell to your Nucleus Intercom is a simple process and once it's complete, you'll be able to see who's at your door directly from your intercom.
The Nucleus Intercom works with both the Ring Video Doorbell and the Ring Video Doorbell Pro.
Note: Before you connect your Ring Doorbell to your Nucleus you'll first need to set up your device in your Ring app.
One that's ready, you can log in to your Ring account on your Nucleus.
- Tap Settings
- Tap "Ring Video Doorbell."
- Tap "Sign in with Ring."
- Enter the email address and password for your Ring account.
- Tap "Sign in."
- You'll see a brief overview of the Ring integration. Tap "Done" in the upper right corner.
That's it! Now when any Ring video doorbell associated with that account is rung, you'll be greeted by a pop-up on your Nucleus.
Tap "View" to see the videofeed from the doorbell or tap X to dismiss the alert. The video will then appear on your Home screen.
Tap "Talk" to speak to the person at the door. Tapping "End" will close the video feed.
- You'll need to log into your Ring account on each Nucleus device you'd like to be able to answer from. This ensures that only the devices you choose will alert you when someone is at the door
- Currently, only doorbell presses will appear on Nucleus, not motion events. Nucleus will be adding an option to enable this feature in a future software update. They'll also be looking into adding the ability to see past activity and Ring recordings as potential enhancements.
- If you answer a Ring notification on a Nucleus device, it will cancel the alert on other Nucleus devices. If you answer in Ring's mobile app, however, the alert will continue on Nucleus. We're working with Nucleus on potentially closing this gap.