Locations are a function in the Ring app that allows you to group your Ring devices by their physical location. If, for example, you had a Ring Alarm and a number of Ring cameras at both your home and your place of business, you could group these devices into "Home" and "Business" locations. That way when you want to check on the status of a business camera or make an adjustment to the Ring Alarm system in your home, you only have to deal with the devices at that Location.
The remainder of this article will give you instructions on managing your Locations in the Ring app.
To switch between Locations, do the following:
- Tap the name of the current Location at the top of the dashboard.
- Tap the Location you wish to view.
- To edit the name or street address of a Location, do the following:
- Tap the three-lined button at the upper-left part of the screen to open the side menu.
- Tap the Location Settings button.
- Tap the Location button.
- If you want to change the name, enter the new name in the Location Name field.
- If you want to change the address, tap the address field and follow the in-app instructions to choose a new address.
To move a device to a Location that is already present on the account, there is a “Change Location” option in the device settings menu. This will allow you to move the device to a Location that already exists on the account.
From the dashboard
- Click on the device
- Click on the gear icon
- Choose “Change Location”
- Select the new Location
Note: All devices need to be removed from the Location or reassigned to another Location before the user can remove the Location itself.
To delete a Location, do the following:
- Tap the menu button at the upper-left part of the screen to open the side menu.
- Tap the name of the Location you wish to remove.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Remove Location.
- Confirm removal ofLocation.
Note: All devices need to be removed from the Location or reassigned to another Location before the user can delete the Location itself.
Note: You cannot delete a Location if it is subscribed to a Ring Protect Plus account.