Locations are a function in the Ring app that allows you to group your Ring devices by their physical location. If, for example, you had a Ring Alarm and a number of Ring cameras at both your home and your place of business, you could group these devices into "Home" and "Business" locations. That way when you want to check on the status of a business camera or make an adjustment to the Ring Alarm system in your home, you can view devices at that particular Location.
This article will give you instructions on managing your Locations in the Ring app.
New devices are assigned to the current Location during the Setup process. When you tap "Set up a new device" in the Ring app you'll be taken through the process of creating your first Location or if you already have existing locations, given the option to add the new device to it.
Viewing Different Locations
To switch between two or more Locations, do the following:
- Tap the name of the current Location at the top of the dashboard.
- Tap the Location you wish to view.
To edit the name or street address of a Location, do the following:
- Tap the three-lines on the upper left side of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- If you want to change the name of the Location, tap the Name field and enter the new name.
- Then tap Save on the bottom of the screen.
- If you want to change the address, tap Change Address.
- Tap Continue.
- Then tap Confirm.
Changing the Location of a Device
To move a device to a Location that is already on the account:
- Tap the three lines on the top left of the Ring app Dashboard.
- Tap Devices.
- Tap the device you want to assign to another Location.
- Tap Device Settings.
- Tap General Settings.
- Tap Location
- Tap the location where you want your device assigned.
Note: All devices need to be removed from the Location or reassigned to another Location before the user can remove the Location itself.
Deleting a Location
To delete a Location:
- Tap the three lines on the top left of the Dashboard.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Delete Location.
- Confirm removal of Location.
Note: All devices need to be removed from the Location or reassigned to another Location before you can delete the Location itself.
Note: You cannot delete a Location if it is subscribed to a Ring Protect Plus account.
Managing Ring Protect Plans at Different Locations
If you login to Ring.com on a desktop computer, (using the same login and password credentials that you use for the Ring app), you'll see Protect Plan at the top of the page. If you select Protect Plans, you'll see your Location(s) and which devices are subscribed or unsubscribed to a Ring Protect plan.
On a mobile browser at Ring.com, (using the same login and password credentials that you use for the Ring app), if you tap on the three lines on the top left, you'll see Protect Plan as an option under Account Settings and can check your Ring Protect plan subscription. If you have more than one Location with Ring devices, you can tap Change Location on the top right to go to the other account.