Ring Protect Plan is an optional plan that covers monitoring and video recording services for Ring devices. With Ring Protect Plus you'll receive 24/7 monitoring for your Ring Alarm system and be able to save up to 60 days of Ring videos for a reasonable price. This lets you check out alerts at your convenience even if you miss one and makes sure that your home is always protected. The following article details some of the frequently asked questions concerning Ring Protect Plan subscriptions.
Note: Ring Alarm and the professional monitoring service is currently only available in the U.S. and Canada.
How do I subscribe to the Ring Protect Plan?
What are the features of the Ring Protect Plan?
There are two paid subscription plans available. The following chart lists the features that come with each:
|Protect Plus Plan||Protect Basic Plan||Free|
$10 per month
Save $20 with annual purchase.
$3 per month
Save $6 with annual purchase.
Included with all Ring Devices.
No additional cost.
|Coverage||All Ring Devices at one address||One Ring doorbell or security camera.|
|Ring and Motion Alerts||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Custom Motion Detection||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Interact with visitors from anywhere||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Live video on demand||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||Extended Warranty 1||Standard 1-year warranty||Standard 1-year warranty|
|Video Recording||Access recorded videos of every Ring, motion and live view event for up to 30 or 60 days, depending on your location. 2||Access recorded videos of every Ring, motion and live view event for up to 30 or 60 days, depending on your location. 2||No|
|Review, share and save Ring videos||Yes||Yes||No|
|Ring Alarm professional monitoring||Yes 3 4||No||No|
|Exclusive discounts at Ring.com||10% off Ring products||No||No|
|Long-term contract||None, cancel anytime||None, cancel anytime||None|
1. For extended coverage warranty to apply to your Ring device, the device must be within its original warranty period when you subscribe to Ring Protect Plus. Once the original warranty expires, the device will be covered under Ring Protect Plus until you discontinue your subscription.
2. Your Ring videos are stored in the cloud for up to 60 days (in the USA). To keep important videos beyond 60 days, download them to your PC or mobile device.
3. Additional charges may apply in areas that require permits or guard response service for alarm verification.
4. Currently, Ring Alarm and the professional monitoring service are available only within the U.S. (excluding American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada (excluding Quebec).
Log in at ring.com before shopping to have discount apply to your account.
The following lists the terms of the 10% discount.
- Applies to Neighbors with Protect Plus at the time of purchase.
- Discount does not apply retroactively.
- Discount may not be combined with other offers.
- Discount is non-transferable.
- Does not apply to Ring Assist + or non-Ring products.
- Neighbors cannot subscribe to the plan and use the 10% discount in the same transaction.
- Discount applies upon the next login session from purchase. To use the discount immediately, log out of your account and log back in
- Neighbors must be logged in to use the discount on Ring.com during checkout
- The discount will not be applied when you are on the free trial unless you subscribe to Ring Protect Plus during the trial
Yes. If you already have the Ring Protect Plus Plan, you're eligible for a 10% discount on the Ring Alarm system.
In order to utilize the discount, you will need to log in to your Ring account through Ring.com and then purchase the Ring Alarm system via Ring.com.
Your Ring videos are stored in the cloud for up to 60 days, unless your address is in one of the countries listed below, in which case the storage period is for up to 30 days (effective January 1, 2019):
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK.
No. The Ring Protect Plan subscription is completely optional. However, without the service, your Ring Alarm System will only send alerts to your smartphone and/or email and will not call authorities. In addition, you will not be able to record or review Ring videos.
Yes! Your 30-day trial subscription begins as soon as you activate your new Ring product.
No. You can choose to cancel your subscription at any time.
No. You can connect as many phones or tablets as you wish to a single Ring device.
You can still receive calls, alerts, and Live View from your Ring products without a subscription. If you do not subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan by the end of the trial, all recorded videos will be erased, new events will not be stored, and 24/7 Ring Alarm Professional Monitoring will cease.
Yes. You'll still get real-time alerts when visitors ring your doorbell or trigger the motion sensors or if one of your alarm sensors is triggered.
You will receive a prorated refund for any amount left on your Basic annual plan. If you are in the last two months of the annual plan or on a monthly plan there will be no refund. The Plus plan will be charged immediately and you will begin a new billing cycle.
When you add a new device to your Ring Protect Plus account, you will be charged a prorated rate for the remaining difference in days between your new product's inception date and the old product's billing date. That's to get them on the same day billing cycle.
Yes! Ring only has one recording and monitoring plan available that includes Ring Alarm Professional Monitoring: Ring Protect Plus for $10 a month or $100 per year. That plan covers all of Ring's devices at a single Location. If you signed up for that Ring Protect Plan for recording when you purchased a Ring cam or doorbell you will be automatically signed up for Ring Alarm Professional monitoring at no additional charge.
Ring Protect Plus is only good for one geographic location. Therefore if you have Ring devices registered in different Locations (say your home and your place of business) you'll need a separate Ring Protect Plan for each group of devices.
No. You can connect as many devices (to the programmed maximum) as you wish to your Ring Alarm without it affecting your monthly fee.