Question: What is firmware and why is it important to keep it updated?
Answer: Firmware is a software program embedded into your Ring device that keeps it functioning properly. It is regularly updated by Ring to improve the reliability and functionality of your device.
Note: Your hardware will usually update its firmware automatically.
Check Your Firmware
All Ring products follow the same process to determine firmware version.
- Open your Ring app.
- Select the Ring product that you wish to check
- Tap the "Device Health" tile.
- Under Device Details, find Firmware.
- If your firmware is up-to-date, it will say "Up to date."
- If there is a number, your firmware needs to be updated.