Question: What is firmware and why is it important to keep it updated?
Answer: Firmware is a software program embedded into your Ring service that keeps it functioning properly. It is regularly updated by Ring to improve the reliability and functionality of your device.
Note: Your hardware will usually update its firmware automatically.
Check Your Firmware
All Ring products follow the same process to determine firmware version.
- Open your Ring app.
- Select the Ring product that you wish to check
- Tap the "Device Health" tile.
- Under Device Details, find Firmware.
- Compare the number in that row to the chart below.
|Ring Video Doorbell||1.8.90|
|Ring Video Doorbell 2||1.9.69|
|Ring Video Doorbell Pro||1.8.237|
|Ring Video Doorbell Elite||1.8.237|
|Ring Stick Up Cam||cam-1.8.91|
|Ring Spotlight Cam||1.8.237|
|Ring Floodlight Cam||1.8.237|
|Ring Chime Pro||1.1.35|
- Do the numbers match or are they higher? If so, great! Your firmware is up-to-date.
- If the numbers don't match, click on the name of your product in the chart for instructions on updating your firmware.