I've just set up a Chime Pro. How do I connect it to my existing Ring products?
If you already have one or more Ring products in your account, you'll see a screen at the end of the Chime Pro setup process that asks you which of these other Ring products you'd like to connect to the wifi network broadcast by your Chime Pro.
Simply select the Chime Pro Network button for any Ring products you'd like to connect to the wifi network.
To connect a Ring product to the wifi network broadcast by your Chime Pro
- Select Chime Pro Network in the home screen of the Ring app.
- Select the device you wish to connect.
- Select Switch to Chime Pro Network.
On the Linked Devices screen, you can see which Ring products are already connected to the wifi network broadcast by your Chime Pro, as well as connect other Ring products to it.
Chime Pro Manual
To download a PDF version of the manual that comes in the box with Chime Pro, click here.
Best practices for Wifi extenders
- For the initial setup of the Chime Pro, place it within a 20 feet radius of your router to ensure a successful setup. Once the unit is set up, move your Chime Pro halfway between the router and the Ring device.
- When relocating your Chime Pro closer to your Ring device it is possible it might have trouble re-connecting. If this occurs it may appear as offline in the Ring application. This might be an indication of high wifi interference or that the Chime Pro is too far from your router.
- You may also wish to check the RSSI for your connection. This can be found on the Device Health page of the Chime Pro. RSSI is an indicator of the signal strength, for an optimal connection we recommend the RSSI be between -60 and 0. Click here to learn more about RSSI.
- If your Chime Pro has trouble re-connecting, then it might be due to interference. Some things that can cause interference include (but are not limited to):
- Materials such as stucco, brick, or concrete.
- House appliances such as microwaves.
- Electronic devices such as televisions, game systems, or wifi enabled devices.
- Please ensure your wifi can provide adequate upload speeds for your Ring devices through the Chime Pro. Chime Pro has a recommended minimum upload speed of 2 Mbps per device.
Upload speeds significantly lower can lead to degraded video quality and other performance issues. Contact your internet service provider if upload speeds are insufficient.