Motion Frequency is a control in the Ring app that allows you to customize motion alerts to your home environment and preserve battery life.
Motion Detection, Motion Patterns and Motion Alerts
Your Ring devices have motion detection sensors. When the motion sensors are activated, they'll send you an alert on your mobile device.
When the areas that you're monitoring have excessive or repetitive motions, such as children playing in a yard, you may receive too many alerts, which can drain battery-operated devices too fast. Motion frequency controls were designed to help you get the notifications that you want and preserve battery life.
How Motion Frequency Works
Ring devices detect motion patterns and frequency. The Motion Frequency Controls help adjust the devices for repetitive patterns of motion.
Motion Frequency Controls
The Motion Frequency Controls can be found ion the Ring app:
- Tap the three lines on the top left
- Tap Devices
- Select the device you'd like to adjust
- Tap the Motion Settings tile
- Tap Advanced Settings
- Tap Frequently, Regularly or Periodically
- Tap Save in the upper right corner.
Motion Frequency Settings
- Frequently: Motion detection always stays active, shortest battery life.
- Regularly: Motion detection takes a short break after each Motion Alert. Medium battery life.
- Periodically: Motion detection takes a longer break after each alert. Maximum battery life.