Question: My Ring device was stolen! What should I do and is there anything that Ring can do to help me?
Answer: Yes. Ring has a procedure and policy in place that will help you get a free replacement Ring device as quickly as possible after your Ring device has been stolen. The remainder of this article contains the steps you should follow.
- Immediately report the theft to the police. Before you do anything else regarding your stolen Ring device, you should report the theft to the police. Follow their instructions regarding what you should do until an officer arrives to take your report. They may tell you not to enter your home just in case the theft of the Ring is part of a larger break-in.
- Take pictures of the damage but do not touch the scene before the police arrive. You should take care not to remove or touch any damaged components that remain behind or disturb the ground around the location. By doing so you may disturb potential evidence such as finger or shoe prints.
- Request a copy of the theft report as soon as possible. You will need the police report in order for Ring to provide you with a free replacement device.
- Once you acquire a police report, report the theft to Ring by using the email address Theft@Ring.com. Note that all communications from Ring regarding a reported theft will emanate from this email address. You will need to provide a copy of the police report to begin the free replacement process.
Once the police report is verified, Ring will gladly provide a free replacement within 7-10 business days.
Important notes concerning the Ring theft replacement policy:
- The replacement of stolen Ring units is a courtesy service provided by Ring. Ring reserves the right to deny this service at any time due to suspected fraud, malfeasance, or any other cause.
- Notifications of device theft sent to theft@Ring.com must be received within six months of the date printed on the police report concerning the theft of the device. Honoring the stolen item replacement policy subsequent to six months after the theft of a Ring device is solely at the discretion of Ring.
- Replacement devices offered under this policy are offered on a "like for like" basis. The replacement device will be the same make and model as the original stolen device.