Question: How often do I need to charge the battery on my Ring Spotlight Cam Battery?
Answer: With normal use, the battery of your Ring Spotlight Cam Battery will last between 6 to 12 months or approximately 1,000 notification events. The battery may deplete faster if your Ring is capturing a large number of amount of motion events every day. The Ring app will notify you when the battery is getting low.
You only need one battery for your Spotlight Cam to work properly. However, if you want extended battery life or don't want to experience any downtime charging the battery, a second battery is available for purchase.
Question: How do I recharge my Spotlight Cam battery?
Answer: Your Spotlight Cam battery is charged using a common micro-USB cable (an orange one is included in your Ring box). The micro-USB cable can be plugged into any USB power source such as a computer. Your battery will take around five to 10 hours to fully charge depending on whether the USB cable is plugged into a USB port or into a wall outlet.
To charge your Spotlight Cam battery:
- Open the battery compartment, press the white button and lift open.
- Remove the battery by pressing the release tab.
- Connect any micro-USB charger to the charging port in the battery. During charging both the red and green lights will light up.
- Your battery is fully charged when the light on the battery shines a solid green.
- Slide the fully charged battery back into Spotlight Cam until it clicks in place.
- Firmly close the battery compartment door. It might take a little pressure, but you'll know it's secure when you hear a click.
- Spotlight Cam will power up after a minute and be ready for use.