Which step is giving you trouble?
To download the Ring App:
- On your mobile device go to the App Store or Google Play.
- Do a search for "Ring."
- Download and install the Ring app on your mobile device.
To begin the setup process, open the Ring App on your mobile device and tap "Setup Device."
For complete Setup instructions, click below:
There are three potential causes for this:
- The app is having trouble pinpointing your exact address. If this is the case, try inputting a nearby address. While not ideal, an address that's "close enough" will usually suffice for setup purposes.
- Location services on your phone is not turned on. Turn on location services on your phone and try the setup process again.
- Your phone is not connected to the Internet. Turn off your Ring app and verify that your phone or PC or Mac is connected to the Internet, then run through the setup process again.
Note that this will only happen if you've decided to set up your Ring Elite on a Wi-Fi network. With a wired connection the system should not need a password.
If you do set up your Ring Elite with a Wi-Fi network, always remember that network passwords are case-sensitive and can very often be found on a label on the underside of your router.
While not comprehensive, the most common causes of failure to complete Setup are having a problem with your internet connection, or some type of issue related to your Wi-Fi modem or router. Click on the issues below for advice on how to check for these problems along with solutions for them.
The links below will give your detailed instructions on how to put your device into setup mode.
Trouble with the step is usually an inability to find the temporary Wi-Fi network called "Ring-" being broadcast by your device. In this case, you should restart the setup procedure and when you get to this step look for a slowly pulsing light on your device. This will tell you that the device is broadcasting. If you don't see this light, you may have a malfunctioning unit.
While not comprehensive, the three most common causes of failure to complete Setup (after entering an incorrect password) are your Ring device being too far from your Wi-Fi router, having a problem with your internet connection, or some type of issue related to your Wi-Fi modem or router. Click on the issues below for advice on how to check for these problems along with solutions for them.
If your Ring won't set up and you've determined that it's not one of the most common causes there are a few other things you can try that might help clear up the issue. Click below for an article detailing these procedures.