Question: How often do i need to charge the battery on my Ring Video Doorbell 2?
Answer: With normal use, your Ring Video Doorbell 2’s battery will last between 6 to 12 months. The battery may deplete faster if your Ring is capturing a large amount of motion events every day. The Ring app will notify you when the battery is getting low.
Question: How do I recharge my Ring Video Doorbell 2?
Answer: Your Ring Video Doorbell 2 is charged using a common micro-USB cable (an orange one is included in your Ring box). The micro-USB cable can be plugged into any USB power source such as a computer. Your Ring Video Doorbell 2 will take around five to 10 hours to fully charge.
To charge your Ring Doorbell:
- Remove the security screw on the base of the doorbell and lifting the faceplate up and away from the wall.
- Remove the battery by pressing the black tab.
- Connect any micro-USB charger to the charging port in the bettery.
- Your battery is fully charged when the light on the battery shines a solid green
- Slide the fully charged battery back into the Ring Doorbell.
- There will be a click when the battery is secure.
- After about 30 seconds (time for the Ring Doorbell 2 to start up) return the faceplate to the Ring Doorbell and secure it with the security screw.