What do I use to recharge my Ring Video Doorbell 2?
Use a common micro-USB cable, such as the orange one included in your Ring box. Simply plug it into any USB power source to charge. Your Ring Video Doorbell 2 can take around 5-10 hours to fully charge depending on whether the USB cable is plugged into a USB port or a wall outlet.
How exactly do I charge my Ring Video Doorbell 2?
- Remove the security screw on the base of the doorbell and lift the faceplate up and away from the wall.
- Remove the battery by pressing the release tab.
- Connect any micro-USB charger to the charging port in the battery. Both lights will illuminate when the battery is charging. When only the green light remains on, your battery is fully charged.
- Slide the fully charged battery back into the doorbell. There will be a click when the battery is secure.
- After about 30 seconds (during which your doorbell will start up again), return the faceplate to the doorbell and secure it with the security screw.
How long will my doorbell battery last after a charge?
Your battery can go months between recharges with normal use. This depends on factors in your home's environment such as the weather and how many motion alerts you get.
I've recharged my battery, but the Ring app says it's still low on power. What's going on?
The battery level that's displayed in the app is updated each time you press the button on your Ring doorbell. Give your Video Doorbell 2 a couple of test rings, and the app should update.
I couldn't get my battery to recharge on a very hot or cold day. What's going on?
If your battery is too hot or cold, your doorbell will automatically keep it from charging in order to avoid damaging it. Bring the battery inside and let it get to room temperature before you try recharging it again.
Learn more about how cold weather affects your doorbell battery.