With normal use, your Ring Video Doorbell 2’s battery will last between 6 to 12 months or approximately 1,000 notification events. The battery may deplete faster if your Ring is capturing a large number of motion events every day. The Ring app will notify you when the battery is getting low.
How do I recharge my Ring Video Doorbell 2?
Your Ring Video Doorbell 2 is charged using a common micro-USB cable (an orange one is included in your Ring box). The micro-USB cable can be plugged into any USB power source such as a computer. Your Ring Video Doorbell 2 will take around five to 10 hours to fully charge depending on whether the USB cable is plugged into a USB port or into a wall outlet.
To charge your Ring Doorbell 2:
- Loosen the security screw on the base of the doorbell and lift the faceplate up and away from the wall.
- Remove the battery by pressing the release tab.
- Connect any micro-USB charger to the charging port in the battery.
- Your battery is fully charged when the light on the battery shines a solid green.
- Slide the fully charged battery back into the Ring Doorbell.
- There will be a click when the battery is secure.
- After about 30 seconds (time for the Ring Doorbell 2 to start up) return the faceplate to the Ring Doorbell and secure it with the security screw.
I've recharged my Ring Doorbell 2 but the battery level in the app still says that it's low on power. What's going on?
The battery measurement inside your app is updated each time you press the front button on your Ring doorbell. Give your Ring Doorbell 2 a couple of test rings and the app should update.