Physically installing up your Ring Video Doorbell 2 in the Ring app is a simple process. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Note that you should setup your Ring Doorbell 2 in your Ring App before mounting it to your door. Click here for information on setting up your Ring Doorbell.
- Fully charge the battery by plugging it into a power source using the provided orange cable.
- The small light on top will glow green when fully charged.
- Insert the battery into the bottom of your Ring Doorbell 2 until it clicks into place.
To properly line up your Ring Video Doorbell 2:
- Click the level tool (included in the box) into the small hole on the front of the Ring Doorbell 2 below the camera.
- Place the Ring Doorbell 2 next to your door at about chest height.
- Level the device using the level tool.
- Mark the positions for mounting holes with a pencil.
- If you are mounting the Ring Doorbell 2 on brick, concrete, or stucco, put the included plastic anchors into the holes. You may need to use a hammer to get the anchors in.
- If you are mounting the bracket on wood or vinyl, just use the included screws.
Don't forget to remove the level tool from the front of the device.
Be sure you use all four included screws.
Place one of the provided faceplates on your Ring Doorbell by slotting it in at the top and clicking it into place.
Use one of provided security screws and the star-shaped end of the screwdriver bit to secure the faceplate.