Setting up your Ring Video Doorbell 2 in the Ring app is a simple process. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
- Fully charge the battery by plugging it into a power source using the provided orange cable.
- The small light on top will glow green when fully charged.
- Insert the battery into the bottom of your Ring Doorbell 2 until it clicks into place.
To download the Ring App:
- On your mobile device, go to the App Store.
- Do a search for “Ring.”
- Download and install the Ring app on your mobile device.
If this is your first Ring product, You will be asked to set up an account. To set up an account:
- Open the Ring App
- Select Set Up a Device,
- Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
If you already have another Ring product installed, simply open the app and select “Setup Device.”
- Tap “Setup Device”
- Select Ring Video Doorbell 2.
After beginning the setup process you will have the opportunity to name your Ring Doorbell to distinguish it from the other Ring products in your account. Several default names are suggested or you can enter a custom name for your Video Doorbell 2.
In the next step, if this is your first time setting up a Ring product, you will get a request from your phone informing you that the Ring App wishes to use your phone’s location services to pinpoint your location. Allowing the app to do so will assist in inputting your address. Without a specific location, certain features of your Video Doorbell will not work properly.
Note: The app will estimate your address as closely as possible. If it is not completely accurate and misses the address by a few numbers, the app will still work properly.
Push the black button on the front of your Ring Doorbell 2 underneath the camera to put the device in Setup mode. When the light on the front of your Ring Doorbell is spinning, tap the Continue button in your app.
For the next step, your phone or tablet will need to connect to the Wi-Fi network called “Ring Setup.”
If you’re on an Android device, this step should happen automatically.
On an iPhone or iPad, follow the instructions below:
- Press the Home button on your iPhone or iPad to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to the “Settings” app.
- Tap “Wi-Fi.”
- Select the network from the list that begins with “Ring-.”
- Close your Settings App and return to the Ring App.
- When you return to the Ring app, the app will automatically scan for available Wi-Fi networks. Select the network closest to your Ring Doorbell to connect it.
The next step in the setup process will ask you to connect your Ring Doorbell 2 to your Wi-Fi network. Be sure you're near your router and have your Wi-Fi password ready. If you have more than one Wi-Fi network, select the one closest to where you will be installing your Ring Doorbell 2.
Note: Following this step, your Ring Doorbell 2 may update its internal software. While performing an update, the light will flash. Note that while the update is taking place, and the light is flashing, your Video Doorbell 2 will not work. Wait until it completes and your light is glowing steadily before proceeding to the next step.