Setting up your Ring Video Doorbell Pro in the Ring app is a simple process. Scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
If this is your first Ring product, you will be asked to set up an account.
To set up an account:
- Open the Ring app.
- Select “Create Account.”
- Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
If you already have another Ring device installed, simply open the Ring app.
Tap “Set Up a Device” then select “Doorbells”
- Point the camera on your smartphone at the QR code or MAC ID barcode on your Video Doorbell
- This code can also be found on the product packaging or on the Quick Start Guide that came with your device.
- Center the code in the phone camera’s view at the top of the screen.
- Once the code is recognized, a green square (for QR code) or a green line (MAC ID barcode) will appear, and the setup will proceed to the next step.
Note: If you experience issues with scanning the QR code or MAC ID barcode, you can select “Set Up Without Scanning” and select “Ring Video Doorbell Pro” to continue through the setup process.
If this is your first time setting up a Ring device, you will receive a request from your phone informing you that the Ring app wishes to use your phone’s location services to pinpoint your location. Allowing the app to do so will assist with inputting your address.
Enter your address information into the app, then confirm it.
If you have established a location previously, you can select it from the list of your locations.
Note: Without a specific location, certain features of your Video Doorbell will not work properly.
Select a specific name for your Video Doorbell Pro to distinguish it from other Ring devices on your account. You can choose one of the default names that are suggested, or you can enter your own by selecting “Custom…” at the bottom of the list.
Follow the steps in the Ring app to physically install your Video Doorbell. If you have already completed these steps, tap on “I’ve Already Installed It”.
If you have an existing internal doorbell, select whether it is a mechanical or digital doorbell, or select “None” if you are installing your Video Doorbell without connecting to an internal doorbell.
If you have never set up your Video Doorbell Pro before, it will automatically enter Setup mode. Otherwise, press and release the small button on the side of your Video Doorbell Pro. When there is a spinning white light on the front of your Video Doorbell, tap the “Continue” button in your Ring app.
iOS: Tap “Join” when the Ring app asks to join the Ring Wi-Fi network.
Android: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring Wi-Fi network.
If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring Wi-Fi network, or if you chose to continue without scanning in step four, please follow the steps below:
- Press the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to the “Settings” app, then tap “Wi-Fi.”
- On Android, you may need to navigate to “Connection” then “Wi-Fi.”
- Select the Ring Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks. The network will appear as either:
- “Ring-” followed by the last six digits of the MAC ID.
- “Ring Setup” followed by the last two digits of the MAC ID.
- Once connected, close your “Settings” app and return to the Ring app.
- Select your Wi-Fi network
- If you have more than one Wi-Fi network, select the network closest to where you have installed your Video Doorbell Pro
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and press “Continue”
Note: After connecting to your Wi-Fi network, your Video Doorbell may update its internal software. While performing an update, the light on the front of your device will flash white. Once the light stops flashing, you know the update is complete and you can continue the setup. Please do not attempt to ring the doorbell at this time, as it will further delay the update.
Once your Video Doorbell has completed its update and setup, push the front button to complete a test call. This will initiate your software and ensure your doorbell is ready to function.