The Ring Video Doorbell has two versions, a 1st and 2nd generation of the device. The mounting process is essentially the same for both but the mounting plate configuration is different.
This article will give you a step-by-step guide to install your Ring Video Doorbell (1st generation).
Note that you should setup your Ring Video Doorbell in your Ring app before mounting it to your door. Click here for information on setting up your Ring Video Doorbell.
Line Up the Mounting Bracket
To properly line up the mounting bracket:
- Click the level tool (included in the box) into the mounting bracket.
- Place the mounting bracket next to your door at about chest height.
- Level the mounting bracket using the level tool.
- Mark the positions of the for mounting holes with a pencil.
Mounting bracket in inches:
Mounting bracket in millimeters:
Drill Holes - Optional: Drill holes to mark the position of the mounting holes.
- If you are mounting the bracket on brick, concrete, or stucco put the included plastic anchors into the holes. You may need to use a hammer to get the anchors in.
- If you are mounting the bracket on wood or vinyl, just use the included screws.
Place Your Ring Video Doorbell on the Mounting Bracket.
Don't be afraid to use a little force.
Tighten the Security Screws
There is a tool included in your box that can be used to tighten the security screws.