Setting up your Ring Stick Up Cam in the Ring app is a simple process outlined in the video below. The rest of this article will walk you through the process step-by-step.
To download the Ring App:
- On your mobile device, go to the App Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play (for Android devices).
- Do a search for “Ring.”
- Download and install the Ring app on your mobile device.
If this is your first Ring product, You will be asked to set up an account. To set up an account:
- Open the Ring App
- Select Set Up a Device,
- Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
If you already have another Ring product installed, simply open the app and select “Setup Device.”
- Tap “Set Up Device”
- Select Stick Up Cam.
After beginning the setup process you will have the opportunity to name your Stick Up Cam to distinguish it from the other Ring products in your account. Several default names are suggested or you can enter a custom name for your Stick Up Cam.
In the next step, if this is your first time setting up a Ring product, you will get a request from your phone informing you that the Ring App wishes to use your phone’s location services to pinpoint your location. Allowing the app to do so will assist in inputting your address.
Note: Without a specific location, certain features of your Stick Up Cam will not work properly.
Push the Setup button on your Stick Up Cam once quickly to put the device in Setup mode. When the light on the back of your Stick Up Cam is blinking, tap the Continue button in your app.
For the next step, your phone or tablet will need to connect to the Wi-Fi network called “Ring-.”
If you’re on an Android device, this step should happen automatically.
On an iPhone or iPad, follow the instructions below:
- Press the Home button on your iPhone or iPad to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to the “Settings” app.
- Tap "Wi-Fi."
- Select the network from the list that begins with “Ring-.”
- Close your Settings App and return to the Ring App.
- When you return to the Ring app, the app will automatically scan for available Wi-Fi networks. Select the network closest to your Stick Up Cam to connect it.
The next step in the setup process will ask you to connect your Stick Up Cam to your Wi-Fi network. Be sure you're near your router and have your Wi-Fi password ready. If you have more than one Wi-Fi network, select the one closest to where you will be installing your Ring Stick Up Cam.
Note: Following this step, your Stick Up Cam may update its internal software. While performing an update, the light will flash. Note that while the update is taking place, and the light is flashing, your Stick Up Cam will not work. Wait until it completes before proceeding to the next step.
Once your Stick Up Cam has completed its update and setup, tap the Setup button twice quickly to trigger a test event.