You can easily customize and adjust the Video Recording Length for your video doorbell or security cameras in the Ring app. For battery-powered devices, shorter recordings generally mean longer battery life. Wired video doorbells and security cameras receive a constant supply of power, so you can choose whichever recording length you prefer without this trade-off.
How to Change Video Recording Length
To change the recording length of your video doorbell or security camera:
- Tap the three lines on the top left of your dashboard in the Ring app.
- Tap on Devices.
- Select the device you want to adjust.
- Tap Device Settings.
- Tap Video Settings.
- Tap Video Recording Length.
- For battery-powered devices, choose the following recording lengths: 15, 20, 25, 30, 60, 90, or 120 seconds.
- For wired devices, choose the following recording lengths: 50, 60, 90, or 120 seconds.
Note: If Advanced Motion Detection is on, recordings may end early if the motion stops.
Advanced Motion Detection
Advanced Motion Detection is a feature in the Ring app that helps you easily customize motion detection for your home. Previously, Motion Verification was a separate feature in the Ring app under Motion Settings. Currently, it’s on by default when Advanced Motion Detection is enabled.
Learn more about Advanced Motion Detection in video doorbells and how to customize Motion Zones.
Video Doorbell and Security Camera Recording Lengths
You can choose from several recording length options for video doorbells and security cameras.
For battery-powered devices:
20 seconds (default setting)
For wired devices:
60 seconds (default setting)