To set up your Ring Video Doorbell (1st Generation) in the Ring app, scroll down to watch a simple instructional video. You can also follow the step-by-step guide on this page if preferred.
Note: Setup for Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Generation) is the same as Ring Video Doorbell (1st Generation), but some features are different. To see which doorbell model you have, click here.
Step One: Download the Ring App
If you already have the Ring app installed, skip to Step Two.
- On your mobile device, go to the App Store (for iOS devices) or the Play Store (for Android devices). Then search for "Ring" and download and install the Ring app.
- Alternatively, visit ring.com/app on your mobile device and download from there.
Step Two: Create or Log in to Your Account
If this is your first Ring product, you will be asked to set up an account:
- Open the Ring app.
- Select Create Account.
- Follow the instructions to create a new account.
If you already have another Ring device installed, simply open the Ring app and go to Step Three.
Step Three: Tap 'Set Up a Device'
Tap Set Up a Device, then select Doorbells.
Step Four: Scan the QR Code on your Ring Device
You can scan the QR code on your Ring device or product packaging via the Ring app.
- Tap the three lines (≡) on the left side of your Dashboard in the Ring app.
- Tap Set up a Device and select Doorbells.
- Tap I’m Ready to Scan.
- Point your smartphone’s camera at the QR code on your Ring device or product packaging. (Note: If you don’t see the QR code, please remove your video doorbell’s faceplate).
- Center the code in the phone camera’s view at the bottom half of the screen.
- When the code is recognized, a green square will appear and a pop-up with your device image detected.
If you experience issues scanning the QR code, please follow these steps:
- Move your camera closer or further from the QR code to help it focus.
- Once your camera finds focus, hold it steady for a few seconds.
- If your camera won’t focus, clean your camera lens, move to a well-lit area, and try again.
If you continue to experience issues, please follow these additional steps:
- Tap Other Options below the scanner.
- Select Can’t Scan the QR code.
- Confirm by selecting Enter code manually (this corresponds to PIN code digits underneath the QR code).
- Find your device in the list.
- Enter your five digit PIN which can be found below the QR code.
Step Five: Name Your Device
Select a name for your Ring Video Doorbell to distinguish it from other Ring devices on your account. You can choose one of the default names that are suggested, or you can enter your own by selecting Custom… at the bottom of the list.
Step Six: Put Your Video Doorbell into Setup Mode
Press and release the orange button on the back of your Ring Video Doorbell. When there is a spinning white light on the front of your Ring Video Doorbell, tap Continue in your Ring app.
Step Seven: Connect to Your Ring Device
- iOS device: Tap Join when the Ring app asks to join the Ring wifi network.
- Android device: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring wifi network.
If your device doesn't auto-connect to the Ring wifi network or if you chose to continue without scanning in Step Four, follow these steps:
- Press the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to the Settings.
- Tap wifi. (On Android, you may need to navigate to Connection, then wifi.)
- Select the Ring wifi network from the list of available networks. The network will appear as either:
- Ring- followed by the last six digits of the MAC ID, the unique device identifier on the back of the device.
- Ring Setup followed by the last two digits of the MAC ID, the unique device identifier on the back of the device.
- Once connected, close your Settings and return to the Ring app.
Note: The Ring wifi network is a temporary access point you join during setup. After you connect to the Ring network, you will connect to your own home wifi network. After that, you will no longer be on the Ring network.
During setup, you may get a message on your mobile device that says "no internet connection" or something similar in the settings. This is not a cause for concern – you can safely join the Ring network and complete your setup.
Step Eight: Connect Your Ring Doorbell to Your Wifi
Be sure you’re near your router and have your wifi password ready.
- Select your wifi network. If you have more than one network, select the one closest to where you will be installing your Ring Video Doorbell.
- Enter your wifi password.
- Press Continue.
Note: After connecting to your wifi network, your Ring Video Doorbell may update its internal software. While updating, the light on the front of your device will flash white. Please do not attempt to ring the doorbell at this time, as it will delay the update. Once the light stops flashing, the update is complete and you can continue setup.
Step Nine: Test Your Device
Once your doorbell has completed its update and setup, push the front button to complete a test call. This will start your software and ensure your doorbell is ready to function.
- Learn to install your Ring Video Doorbell with an existing doorbell.
- Learn to install your Ring Video Doorbell without an existing doorbell.
- Click here to download the instruction manual for Ring Video Doorbell.