The Device Health tile in your Device control panel brings you to a panel that contains all of the operational information on your Ring device.
How to Access the Device Health Page in the Ring App
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap the three lines on the top left.
- Tap Devices.
- Select the device you want to access.
- Tap the Device Health tile below the image of the device.
Rapid Ring App
To download the Rapid Ring app, the slimmed down version of the Ring app (mentioned in the second video) that works in conjunction with the Ring app, tap on a link below:
Rapid Ring can help speed up notifications to your mobile device.
Features of the Device Health Page
Please note that not all of the following information will appear in every Device Health page, depending upon the Ring product(s) that you own.
- Power Source: This tells you what power source your device is running on
- Battery Level: If your device is running on a battery, this percentage lists how much power is left in the battery.
- Solar Status: If you're using a solar panel or solar charger, you'll see if it's connected here.
- Signal Strength: This tells you how strong the wifi signal going to your device is.
- Network Name: The name of the wifi network your device is attached to.
- Change Wifi Network: This tool will allow you change your wifi network
- You must be near your device and have your wifi password handy
- Wifi passwords are case sensitive.
- Product Name: The name of your Ring device.
- Last Health Check: This is the last time the information on this screen has been updated.
- Mac Address: The network location of your device. Ring Community Support may ask you for this while troubleshooting. If you ever have to do anything complicated, like assign a static IP to your Floodlight Cam, or open a port in your firewall you’ll need the Mac Address for that.
- Firmware: This lists the version of your Ring device’s software. Your device will automatically check for an update every time there is an event and fully updates when new versions of the software are released.
- Test Your Wifi: This leads to an online bandwidth test that will let you know the upload and download speeds of your wifi network.
- Troubleshoot Notifications: This will take you to an article detailing how to solve many of the most common problem with your notifications.
- Ring System Status: This control gives you an overview of health of the the entire Ring system. In the unlikely event of an operational failure on our end that negatively affects your Ring Device, you’ll see notice of it here.
- Device Health Report: In the case of an issue with your device, this will open a help article that can assist you in resolving the issue on your own.