A Ring Protect Plan is an optional subscription that gives you access to paid features for Ring devices such as doorbells, cameras, and alarms. With a Ring Protect Plan, you can save, review, and share video recordings from your Ring devices to your Ring account. Without a Ring Protect Plan, you can still view real-time video for Ring doorbells and cameras and answer doorbell notifications when they happen, but you don’t get video recordings of those events.
There are three Ring Protect Plans available:
Ring Protect Basic, Ring Protect Plus, and Ring Protect Pro.
- Ring Protect Basic activates video recording for one device per location.
- Ring Protect Plus activates video recording for all devices at your location.
- Ring Protect Pro activates video recording for all devices at your location, 24/7 Professional Monitoring and 24/7 Backup Internet for Ring Alarm Pro.
A Ring Protect subscription may be purchased on a monthly or yearly basis. Subscription features vary for each Ring Protect Plan, which you can compare in the table below. Please note, some features are only compatible with specific Ring devices (for example, professional monitoring requires a Ring Alarm).
Ring Protect Subscription Features by Plan
|Without a Plan
|Ring Protect Basic
$3/month or $30/year
|Ring Protect Plus
$10/month or $100/year
|Ring Protect Pro
$20/month or $200/year
|Real time video with Live View||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Theft Protection 1||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Video history for 60 days 2||✓||✓||✓|
|Video saving and sharing||✓||✓||✓|
|Extended warranties 6||✓||✓|
|10% off select products on Ring.com and Amazon.com7||✓||✓|
|24/7 professional monitoring for Ring Alarm 3,4,7||✓|
|Cellular Backup for Ring Alarm or Ring Alarm Pro5||✓|
|In-app SOS button for Ring Alarm or Ring Alarm Pro||✓|
|Duress code for Ring Alarm or Ring Alarm Pro||✓|
|24/7 Backup Internet||✓|
|Alexa Guard Plus||✓|
Subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan
To subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan, log into your Ring account and go to My Plans, or select the Subscribe button below. For detailed instructions on how to subscribe, see How to Subscribe to the Ring Protect Plan.
Get a 30-day Ring Protect Trial when you register a new device
Whenever you register a new device on your Ring app, you automatically start a 30-day Ring Protect Trial. With this trial, you can try all the features from the Protect Plus Plan, including 10% off select Ring products on Ring.com and Amazon.com.
During the Ring Protect Trial period, you get video recording for your cameras and doorbells and professional monitoring for Ring Alarm. Video recordings are stored for the duration of your trial, unless you subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan.
Learn more about the Ring Protect Trial.
To keep important videos beyond that time, download them to your PC or mobile device. You may do this from the Ring app or by going to Ring.com and logging into your account
Costco bundles and the Ring Protect Trial
If you purchased a Ring device through Costco, then your trial period may be longer than 30 days. With a Ring Protect Trial through Costco, you’ll receive the same benefits as the standard 30-day trial, except these benefits will last through the duration of your trial period. To learn more, see Ring Protect Plan and Costco Bundles.
Pay monthly or annually
When subscribing to Ring Protect, you have the option to pay in a monthly or annual billing cycle. If you pay for your subscription annually, you receive a discount on your Ring Protect Plan.
You can cancel a Ring Protect Plan at any time on Ring.com.
Learn about plan cancellations and refunds.
1. Terms and conditions apply. Learn more about Theft protection here.
2. Your Ring videos are stored in the cloud for up to 60 days, unless you manually change the storage time. Storage is for 30 days if your address is in one of the following countries:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK.
3. Requires the Ring Alarm Security Kit. Additional charges may apply in areas that require permits or guard response service for alarm verification. Tax not included. Enrollment required.
Ring Alarm professional monitoring service is available only within the U.S. (all 50 states, but not any U.S. territories) and in Canada (excluding Quebec). Ring does not own its own professional monitoring center.
Check Ring Protect Subscription Plans for more information.
See Ring alarm licenses at: ring.com/licenses.
4. Guard plus is available only to customers located in the U.S. You must have a supported Echo device to enable Guard Plus. To access Guard Plus benefits, you must link your Ring and Amazon accounts and complete Guard Plus setup in the Alexa app. The Alexa Emergency Helpline is not a 911 service and may not work during outages or if you're experiencing connectivity issues.
5. Cellular data is provided by a third party carrier. Coverage, uptime, technology, and speeds will vary. May require backup power if the power goes out.
6. For extended warranty coverage to apply to your Ring device, the device must be within its original warranty period when you subscribe to Ring Protect Plus. Once the original warranty expires, the device will be covered under Ring protect Plus until you discontinue your subscription. Non-Ring and other third-party devices are not eligible for the extended warranty.
7. The 10% discount on ring.com activates for Ring protect Plus subscribers and those on the Ring Protect trial. Shop eligible devices here. Terms and conditions apply. See Ring Protect Subscription Plans for more information.