A Ring Protect Plan is an optional subscription that gives you access to paid features for Ring devices such as doorbells, cameras, and alarms. With a Ring Protect Plan, you can save, review, and share video recordings from your Ring devices to your Ring account. Without a Ring Protect Plan, you can still view real-time video for Ring doorbells and cameras and answer doorbell notifications when they happen, but you don’t get video recordings of those events.
There are two Ring Protect Plans available: Ring Protect Basic and Ring Protect Plus.
- Ring Protect Basic activates video recording for one device per location.
- Ring Protect Plus activates video recording for all devices at your home and 24/7 Professional Monitoring for your Ring Alarm.
A Ring Protect subscription may be purchased on a monthly or yearly basis. Subscription features vary for each Ring Protect Plan, which you can compare in the table below. Please note, some features are only compatible with specific Ring devices (for example, professional monitoring requires a Ring Alarm).
Ring Protect Subscription Features by Plan
|Without a Plan
|Ring Protect Basic
$3/month or $30/year
|Ring Protect Plus
$10/month or $100/year
|Real time video with Live View||✓||✓||✓|
|Theft Protection 1||✓||✓||✓|
|Video history for 60 days 2||✓||✓|
|Video saving and sharing||✓||✓|
|24/7 professional monitoring for Ring Alarm 3,4,7||✓|
|Cellular Backup for Ring Alarm5||✓|
|Alexa Guard Plus||✓|
|Extended warranties for all devices 6||✓|
|10% off select products on Ring.com and Amazon.com7||✓|
List of Features
These are real-time mobile alerts that notify you when your Ring camera or doorbell detects motion.
Get started with Notifications.
Real-time video with Live View
Use your mobile device to access a live video feed from your Ring doorbells and cameras at any time.
Start using Live View on a Ring doorbell or camera.
Use two-way audio between your mobile device and Ring device to speak to whoever’s there.
If your Ring device is stolen, you might be eligible for a free replacement.
Learn what to do if your Ring device is stolen.
Video History for 60 Days
Access recorded videos of every Ring, motion, and Live View event for up to 60 days.
Learn how Ring stores your videos.
Video Saving and Sharing
Download and share your Ring videos on a mobile device or computer to watch them later or share them with anyone.
Learn various ways to save and share videos.
See what’s happening in between motion-activated events with recurring photo snapshots taken throughout the day.
Explore snapshot capture and timeline features.
Set your Ring app preferences to alert you only when your Ring device detects a person.
Edit Person Alerts in preferences.
See exactly what triggered an alert with a photo preview right in the notification without opening the Ring app.
Get started with Rich Notifications and Motion Events.
24/7 Professional Monitoring for Ring Alarm
For 24/7 professional monitoring to dispatch real-time emergency responders when break-ins or any other security threat is detected.
Get information about Professional Monitoring and more.
Cellular Backup for Ring Alarm
If you subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan, your Base Station will also have cellular backup to protect your home even if the internet goes down.
Learn more about cellular backup.
Alexa Guard Plus
Alexa Guard Plus provides home safety and security features on supported Echo devices. Get alerts when Alexa detects activity sounds while you're away, call an Emergency Helpline hands-free from your Echo, and more.
Get started with Alexa Guard Plus.
Extended Warranties for all Devices
Extend the warranty for your Ring devices at one address. See terms and conditions.
- Ring Protect Basic includes a one-year manufacturer's warranty from the purchase date of the device.
- Ring Protect Plus includes an extended warranty which will go beyond your device's original warranty. Once the original warranty expires, the device will be covered under Ring Protect Plus until you end your subscription.
Subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan
To subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan, log into your Ring account and go to My Plans, or select the Subscribe button below. For detailed instructions on how to subscribe, see How to Subscribe to the Ring Protect Plan.
Get a 30-day Ring Protect Trial when you register a new device
Whenever you register a new device on your Ring app, you automatically start a 30-day Ring Protect Trial. With this trial, you can try all the features from the Protect Plus Plan, including 10% off select Ring products on Ring.com and Amazon.com.
During the Ring Protect Trial period, you get video recording for your cameras and doorbells and professional monitoring for Ring Alarm. Video recordings are stored for the duration of your trial, unless you subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan.
Learn more about the Ring Protect Trial.
To keep important videos beyond that time, download them to your PC or mobile device. You may do this from the Ring app or by going to Ring.com and logging into your account
Costco bundles and the Ring Protect Trial
If you purchased a Ring device through Costco, then your trial period may be longer than 30 days. With a Ring Protect Trial through Costco, you’ll receive the same benefits as the standard 30-day trial, except these benefits will last through the duration of your trial period. To learn more, see Ring Protect Plan and Costco Bundles.
Pay monthly or annually
When subscribing to Ring Protect, you have the option to pay in a monthly or annual billing cycle. If you pay for your subscription annually, you receive a discount on your Ring Protect Plan.
Cancel any time
You can cancel a Ring Protect Plan at any time on Ring.com.
Learn about plan cancellations and refunds.
1. Terms and conditions apply. Learn more about Theft protection here.
2. Your Ring videos are stored in the cloud for up to 60 days, unless you manually change the storage time. Storage is for 30 days if your address is in one of the following countries:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK.
3. Requires the Ring Alarm Security Kit. Additional charges may apply in areas that require permits or guard response service for alarm verification. Tax not included. Enrollment required.
Ring Alarm professional monitoring service is available only within the U.S. (all 50 states, but not any U.S. territories) and in Canada (excluding Quebec). Ring does not own its own professional monitoring center.
Check Ring Protect Subscription Plans for more information.
See Ring alarm licenses at: ring.com/licenses.
4. Guard plus is available only to customers located in the U.S. You must have a supported Echo device to enable Guard Plus. To access Guard Plus benefits, you must link your Ring and Amazon accounts and complete Guard Plus setup in the Alexa app. The Alexa Emergency Helpline is not a 911 service and may not work during outages or if you're experiencing connectivity issues.
5. Cellular data is provided by a third party carrier. Coverage, uptime, technology, and speeds will vary. May require backup power if the power goes out.
6. For extended warranty coverage to apply to your Ring device, the device must be within its original warranty period when you subscribe to Ring Protect Plus. Once the original warranty expires, the device will be covered under Ring protect Plus until you discontinue your subscription. Non-Ring and other third-party devices are not eligible for the extended warranty.
7. The 10% discount on ring.com activates for Ring protect Plus subscribers and those on the Ring Protect trial. Shop eligible devices here. Terms and conditions apply. See Ring Protect Subscription Plans for more information.