Ring Protect Plan is an optional plan that covers video recording services for Ring devices. With Ring Protect Plus you'll be able to save up to 60 days of Ring videos for a reasonable price. This lets you check out alerts at your convenience even if you miss one and makes sure that your home is always protected. The following article details some of the frequently asked questions concerning Ring Protect Plan subscriptions.
No. The Ring Protect Plan service is completely optional. However without the service, you will not be able to record or review Ring videos.
Signing up for the Ring Protect Plan is easy:
- If you have not signed in to your Ring.com account, sign in here: https://ring.com/users/sign_in.
- This page also has a link to create a Ring.com account if you do not have one.
- Go to https://shop.ring.com/pages/protect-plans.
- Choose between the Ring Basic and the Ring Plus plan and click on the "Get Started" button.
- Choose the location of your Ring device or, if you have an Annual Pass activation code, enter the code into the box below the location selection box.
- Select a monthly or annual billing cycle for your plan.
- Click "Next."
- If you do not have a payment method stored in your account, click on the gear on the "payment method" box.
- Enter your payment information.
- Click on the "Submit" button to place your order.
Yes! Your 30-day trial subscription begins as soon as you activate your new Ring product.
There are two subscription plans available. The following chart lists the features that come with each:
|$30 per camera per year or $3 per month||$100 per year or $10 per month.|
|Additional charge for extra cameras||Unlimited cameras|
|Stream Audio & Video||Stream Audio & Video|
|Live View||Live View|
|Lifetime Theft Protection||Lifetime Theft Protection|
|Cloud Storage||Cloud Storage|
|Video Review||Video Review|
|Video Sharing||Video Sharing|
|Event Saving||Event Saving|
|1-year Warranty||Lifetime Warranty|
No. You can choose to cancel your subscription at any time.
No. You can connect as many phones or tablets as you wish to a single Ring device.
You can still receive alerts from your Ring products without a subscription. If you do not subscribe to Ring Protect Plan by the end of the trial, all recorded videos will be erased and new events will not be stored.
Yes. You'll still get alerts when visitors ring your doorbell.
Your subscription will be prorated, so any leftover money in your account will be applied to your first bill. The day that you upgrade from Basic to Plus will become the first day of your new billing cycle.
When you add a new device to your Ring Protect Plus account, you will be charged a prorated rate for the remaining difference in days between your new product's inception date and the old product's billing date. That's to get them on the same day billing cycle.