Ring Protect Plan is an optional subscription service that allows video recordings from your Ring devices to be saved in your Ring account. Without Ring Protect Plan, you can do Live View on your doorbells and cameras and answer doorbell notifications when they happen, but you do not get video recordings of those events.
You can subscribe to the Ring Protect Basic Plan or Ring Protect Plus Plan on a monthly or yearly basis. Ring Protect Basic covers devices individually. Ring Protect Plus Plan covers multiple devices at the same location. The Ring Protect Plus Plan also has some additional benefits that you can see in the comparison chart below. In addition, the Ring Protect Plus Plan allows you to have 24/7 monitoring if you have a Ring Alarm system.
Note: Ring Protect Plus Plan for Ring Alarm must be paid yearly. Ring Alarm is available in select countries. The professional monitoring service is available only within the U.S. (all 50 states, excluding American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada. (excluding Quebec). Assisted Monitoring is only available to Ring Alarm users in the United Kingdom, Iceland and Ireland.
Ring Protect Plans let you save videos for up to 60 days (in the US) for a reasonable price. You can check out alerts at your convenience and download or share videos.
Note: At least one Ring device installed on the Ring app, is required to use Ring recording services.
How do I subscribe to the Ring Protect Plan?
You can subscribe by logging into your account on the website and going to My Plans under the top right menu or click on the Subscribe button below.
What are the features of the Ring Protect Plan?
What are the differences between the Ring Protect Basic and Ring Protect Plus plans?
There are four main differences between the Ring Basic Plan and the Protect Plus Plan to consider. The differences are listed below to help you decide which plan is best for your needs.
1. Number of devices covered
- Protect Plus Plan - covers unlimited Ring devices at one location.
- Protect Basic Plan - covers a single camera or doorbell or device. For example, if you have one Spotlight Cam and one Video Doorbell, you would have to get one Protect Basic Plan for each device.
2. Device Warranty
- Protect Plus Plan - includes an extended warranty which will extend your device's original warranty. Once the original warranty expires, the device will be covered under Ring Protect Plus until you discontinue your subscription.
- Protect Basic Plan - includes one year manufacturer's warranty from the purchase date of the device. The standard warranty does not require a Ring Protect Plan subscription.
3. Ring.com Discount (Ring Protect Plus plan only) - 10% off on selected Ring products only at Ring.com with a paid subscription to the Ring Protect Plus Plan. Discount does not apply to free, trial subscriptions to Ring Protect Plus plans. Discount not available at any other retailers.
4. Professional Monitoring - Only offered with Protect Plus Plan if you have a Ring Alarm system.
- Protect Plus Plan - includes Professional Monitoring in eligible locations if you have a Ring Alarm system: U.S. (excluding American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada (excluding Quebec).
The following chart lists all the features that come with each plan:
|Protect Plus Plan||Protect Basic Plan||Free|
|Real time video with Live View||✓||✓||✓|
|Two way talk||✓||✓||✓|
|Theft Protection 1||✓||✓||✓|
|Video history for 60 days 2||✓||✓|
|Video saving and sharing||✓||✓|
|24/7 professional monitoring for Ring Alarm 4,5,8||✓|
|Cellular Backup for Ring Alarm||✓|
|Extended warranties for all devices 6||✓|
|10% off select products at Ring.com 7||✓|
1. Terms and conditions apply. Learn more about Theft protection here.
2. Your Ring videos are stored in the cloud for up to 60 days, unless you manually change the storage time. Storage is for 30 days if your address is in one of the following countries:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK.
To keep important videos beyond that time, download them to your PC or mobile device. You may do this from the Ring app or by going to Ring.com and logging into your account
3. Ring takes recurring photo snapshots throughout the day so you can see what is happening between motion-activated events (videos) in your event history timeline. These photos are stored in your account for up to seven days. To keep important photos beyond seven days, download them to your PC or mobile device.
4. Additional charges may apply in areas that require permits or guard response service for alarm verification.
5. Ring Alarm is available in select countries. The professional monitoring service is available only within the US (all 50 states, excluding American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands) and Canada (excluding Quebec). Assisted Monitoring is only available to Ring Alarm users in the United Kingdom, Iceland and Ireland.
6. For extended warranty coverage to apply to your Ring device, the device must be within its original warranty period when you subscribe to Ring Protect Plus. Once the original warranty expires, the device will be covered under Ring protect Plus until you discontinue your subscription. Non-Ring and other third-party devices are not eligible for the extended warranty.
7. The 10% discount on ring.com activates for Ring protect Plus subscribers. Shop eligible devices here. Terms and conditions apply. See Ring Protect Subscription Plans for more information.
8. You must have a Ring Alarm system to get 24/7 professional monitoring service for Ring Video Doorbells or Ring Security Cameras alone.
How much does the Ring Protect Plan cost?
- Ring Protect Plus Plan
- $10 per month
- $100 Annually
- Save $20 with annual purchase.
- Ring Protect Basic Plan
- $3 per month
- $30 Annually
- Save $6 with annual purchase.
- Ring Protect Free Plan
- Included with all Ring devices.
- No additional charge