Setting up your Ring Chime Pro in the Ring app is simple. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
One - Download the Ring App
To download the Ring app:
- On your mobile device, go to:
Two - Create or Log in to Your Account
If this is your first Ring product, you will be asked to set up an account.
To set up an account:
- Open the Ring app.
- Select “Create Account.”
- Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
If you already have another Ring device installed, simply open the Ring app.
Three - Tap “Set Up a Device”
Tap “Set Up a Device” then select “Chimes”
Four - Scan the QR code or MAC ID barcode on your Ring device
The QR code or MAC ID can be found on the back or bottom of your Ring Chime Pro.
- Point the camera on your smartphone at the QR code or MAC ID barcode on your Chime Pro.
- This code can also be found on the product packaging or on the Quick Start Guide that came with your device.
- Center the code in the phone camera’s view at the top of the screen.
- Once the code is recognized, a green square (for QR code) or a green line (MAC ID barcode) will appear, and the setup will proceed to the next step.
Note: If you experience issues with scanning the QR code or MAC ID barcode, you can select “Set Up Without Scanning” and select “Chime Pro” to continue through the setup process.
Five - Specify Your Location
If this is your first time setting up a Ring device, you will receive a request from your phone informing you that the Ring app wishes to use your phone’s location services to pinpoint your location. Allowing the app to do so will assist with inputting your address.
Enter your address information into the app, then confirm it.
If you have established a location previously, you can select it from the list of your locations.
Note: Without a specific location, certain features of your Chime Pro will not work properly.
Six - Plug in Your Ring Chime Pro
Plug your Chime Pro into a standard wall outlet somewhere between your wifi router and any of your Ring devices that you plan to connect to your Chime Pro. Once it is plugged in, the Ring logo on the front of your Chime Pro will begin pulsing blue.
Seven - Name Your Device
Select a specific name for your Chime Pro to distinguish it from other Ring devices on your account. You can choose one of the default names that are suggested, or you can enter your own by selecting “Custom…” at the bottom of the list.
Eight - Put Your Chime Pro into Setup Mode
If you have never set up your Chime Pro before, it will automatically enter Setup mode. Simply wait for the Ring logo on the front of your Chime Pro to begin to pulse slowly, then press the “Continue” button in the Ring app.
If the Ring logo does not begin to pulse slowly, or if this Chime Pro has been set up previously, press and hold the small button on the side of your Chime Pro for five seconds. Make sure to keep your Chime Pro plugged in during this process.
Nine - Connect to Your Ring Device
iOS: Tap “Join” when the Ring app asks to join the Ring wifi network.
Android: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring wifi network.
If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring wifi network, or if you chose to continue without scanning in step four, please follow the steps below:
- Press the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to the “Settings” app, then tap “wifi.”
- On Android, you may need to navigate to “Connection” then “wifi.”
- Select the Ring wifi network from the list of available networks. The network will appear as “ChimePro-” followed by the last six digits of the MAC ID.
- Once connected, close your “Settings” app and return to the Ring app
Ten - Connect Your Ring Chime Pro to Your Wifi
Be sure you have your wifi password ready.
Connect your Chime Pro to your wifi network to extend your wifi.
- If you have more than one wifi network, select the network closest to where you will be installing your Ring Chime Pro.
- Enter your wifi password and press “Continue.”
Note: After connecting to your wifi network, your Ring Chime Pro may update its internal software. While performing an update, the Ring logo on the front of your device will flash blue. Once the Ring logo stops flashing and lights up solid blue, you know the update is complete and you can continue the setup.
Eleven - Connect to Your Other Ring Devices
Select the Ring devices and types of events you would like your Chime Pro to sound an alert for, as well as any devices you would like to connect to the Chime Pro network.
Note: You can change when your Chime Pro will alert you at any time by going to the “Linked Devices” settings for your Chime Pro inside of the Ring app.