This article lists the most common symptoms of insufficient power that you may see with your Ring Video Doorbell Pro or Video Doorbell Pro 2 and how to troubleshoot.
The Ring Video Doorbell Pro requires a doorbell transformer rated at 16-24 VAC 50/60HZ, 10-40VA max.
The Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 is slightly different, requiring a doorbell transformer rated at 16-24 VAC 50/60HZ, 30-40VA max.
The troubleshooting process will be the same for both doorbells, but if you want to see which version of Video Doorbell Pro you have, you can look it up in the Ring app.
Insufficient Power Symptoms
- Regularly losing connection to your wifi network
- Freezing up or shutting down during the ringtone sound after a button press
- Regularly shutting off (the white light on the front will turn off)
- Freezing up during a live event
- Not ringing your existing internal doorbell correctly
- Night vision doesn't work
- Ring Pro works fine for a couple of events and then stops working.
Using a Plug-in Adapter with Ring Video Doorbell Pro or Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2
A Ring Video Doorbell Pro can also be powered by using a plug-in adapter.