This article will list out the most common insufficient power symptoms that people face with their Ring Video Doorbell Pro along with links to solutions.
Insufficient Power Symptoms:
- Regularly losing connection to your Wi-Fi network
- Freezing up or shutting down during the ringtone sound after a button press.
- Voltage reading under Device Health steadily drops during evening with night vision on.
- Regularly shutting off (the white light on the front will turn off)
- Freezing up during a live event
- Not ringing your existing internal doorbell correctly
- Night vision doesn't work
- Ring Pro works fine for a couple of events and then stops working
Your Ring Pro requires a power source that supplies a minimum of 16 volts AC at ~20 volt-amps when connected directly to a transformer, plug-in adapter, or ~30 volt-amps when used with an internal doorbell. To check the voltage of your Ring Pro, open the Ring app, select your Ring Pro, and tap Device Health. For Ring Pro to function correctly, the voltage needs to be at least 3,700mV. If the voltage is below that number, device functionality will be impaired.
Note: The voltage reading in Device Health corresponds to the level of charge
Note: Voltage greater than 4.05 V can shorten the life of the device.