If you have a Virtual Security Guard¹ subscription that you no longer want, you can cancel it. When you cancel, Rapid Response agents will stop monitoring your cameras. Follow the steps below to cancel now or at the end of the billing cycle.
How to cancel your Virtual Security Guard subscription
- Log in to your account on ring.com.
- Select Protect Plan on the top menu.
- Select Virtual Security Guard.
- Select Cancel Plan and a reason for cancellation.
- Choose when to cancel your plan (now or at the end of the billing cycle).
- Confirm cancellation.
Your Virtual Security Guard subscription has been cancelled. Check your inbox for a confirmation email.
Your Ring Protect Pro subscription will stay active until you cancel it. Also, your Ring Alarm will be enrolled in Professional Monitoring until you change your monitoring type.
How to opt out of your Virtual Security Guard Free Trial
You can opt out of your free trial at any time by following these steps.
In the Ring app:
- Open the menu (or tap the Guard tile on your Dashboard and go to Step 4)
- Tap Control Center
- Tap Virtual Security Guard
- Tap Trial Management
- Tap Cancel Trial to opt out of your free trial
On a web browser:
- Visit https://controlcenter.vsg.ring.com/locations
- Select the location that has Setup Complete for Virtual Security Guard and select Continue
- In the side bar, select Trial Management
- Select Cancel Trial to opt out of your free trial
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I lose my video recordings if I cancel Virtual Security Guard?
No. If you cancel your Virtual Security Guard subscription, your videos will not be affected. However, if you cancel your Ring Protect subscription, all recorded videos will be deleted.
My Virtual Security Guard subscription was cancelled. Why?
There could be several reasons why your Virtual Security Guard subscription was cancelled.
- You cancelled your Ring Protect Pro or Plus (1st Gen) subscription, or you downgraded to Basic or Plus.
- There’s an issue with your payment method. Learn how to update payment method.
Get help for other account issues
- View Billing History for Virtual Security Guard
- Update Subscription Payment Method
- Extra Events for Virtual Security Guard
- Cancel a Ring Protect Subscription
¹ Virtual Security Guard is available only within the U.S. (all 50 states, but not U.S. territories), and is an add-on service that requires enrollment, and the following (all sold separately): a subscription fee per enrolled location in addition to a compatible Ring Protect plan, a Ring Alarm system, enrollment in Ring Alarm professional monitoring, and at least 1 eligible device. Rapid Response is the seller and provider of the camera motion person detection monitoring service and agents. Ring bills your Ring account for this service. Virtual Security Guard subscription fee includes 175 monitored camera motion person detection events per month. Opt into Extra Events for an additional cost. Ring Alarm sensors are not monitored by Virtual Security Guard (Alarm sensors only trigger Alarm professional monitoring). Learn more here.