Dark mode began rolling out with x.51 version of the Ring app on May 23, 2022. All customers will be able to enjoy dark mode on their iOS and Android devices in the coming days. Use this link to learn how to ensure you have the latest version of the Ring app.
Dark mode is a feature that improves the contrast on app screens so the text is easier to read against the background. Dark mode also helps readability in an environment where there is limited light and helps preserve mobile battery life.
Dark mode can only be turned on or off in mobile device settings or in the Ring app. If you enable dark mode in the Ring app, only the Ring app will be affected. If you enable dark mode in your mobile device settings, dark mode will apply to all of your apps.
In order to use dark mode, your mobile device must be updated to the iOS 13 or Android 10 operating systems.
How to turn on dark mode in the Ring app
- Tap the three lines on the top left
- Scroll down in the left menu to see Display
- Tap Display
- Select Auto to follow the settings on your mobile device
- Select Off to keep a light background on most screens
- Select On to switch to a dark background.
How to turn on dark mode in your mobile device settings
- Go to Settings
- Tap Display & Brightness
- Select Dark to turn on dark mode
- Open Device Settings
- Select Accessibility
- Under Display, turn on Dark theme