Having issues with your Ring Alarm Keypad? Follow these steps to help resolve them.
What if my Keypad won’t connect?
- Unplug the Keypad from power and then plug it in again. If this doesn't work then move the Keypad closer to the Base Station and plug it in.
- If nothing happens, press and hold the number 1 button for 5 seconds.
What if I need to remove my Keypad?
- Unplug the Keypad.
- In the Ring app, tap Menu, then tap Devices, then tap Alarm Base Station, then tap the Keypad you wish to remove.
- Tap the Gear icon on the top right corner, then tap Remove, then on the next screen tap Remove again.
- Press and hold the number 1 key for 5 seconds.
- The app will let you know the device was removed. You can leave the keypad unplugged until ready to set up again.
What if I am still having trouble connecting my Keypad or it adds a binary sensor?
- Unplug the Keypad.
- In the Ring app, tap Menu, then tap Devices, then tap Alarm Base Station, then tap Base Station.
- Tap the Gear icon on the top right corner, then tap Advanced Options, then tap Z-Wave, then tap Remove Z-Wave Device.
Note: Do not tap “Reset Z-Wave Network”. This will remove your entire Ring Alarm network and you’ll need to reset every device.
- Tap Remove and the app will say “Removing device, Listening for device to remove”.
- Press and hold the number 1 key for 5 seconds. The device should be removed successfully and you may now set up the device.
How do I factory reset my Keypad?
If you've tried all of the above steps and you're still having difficulty with your Keypad, you can try to factory reset the device. Note: This will remove device settings such as chirps and volume adjustments and reset the device back to the original default settings.
- With the Keypad plugged in, press and hold the number "5" button.
- Press the pinhole reset button on the back of the Keypad. A paperclip works well. Do not release the "5" button.
- The Keypad will light up the ring briefly, then the network icon at the top left of the keypad will begin to flash.
- When the network icon stops flashing, release the "5" button.
If you have tried all of these steps and it still doesn’t work, we recommend reaching out to our support teams for assistance.