The Ring Alarm Range Extender is designed to extend and expand the Base Station’s Z-Wave network, allowing for greater range and network coverage for all security devices at your location.
Range Extender Features
- RANGE: The Range Extender can be placed up to 76 metres from the Base Station. It will reach Alarm devices up to 76 metres away, in an unobstructed environment. Coverage may vary depending on the layout and construction of your home or business.
- BATTERY BACKUP: In the event of a power outage, the Range Extender has a backup battery that lasts up to 24 hours.
Range Extender Setup
Where should I install my Range Extender?
Choose an outlet between your Base Station and the Ring Alarm security devices farthest from your Base Station. You can move the Range Extender to another outlet as needed to improve signal strength and to expand the range of your Z-Wave network.
How to setup and install a Range Extender:
- Make sure your Ring Alarm is disarmed.
- In the Ring app, tap Menu, then tap Set Up a Device, then tap Security Devices, and tap Range Extender.
- Follow the in-app instructions to complete setup.
- Make sure the Range Extender is plugged into an outlet at all times.
Range Extender Troubleshooting Steps
What if my Range Extender won’t connect?
- Try another outlet to ensure the device is receiving power.
- If power is not the issue, try plugging the device into an outlet closer to the base station.
- Press and release the button on the right hand side of the device.
What if I need to remove my Range Extender ?
- In the Ring app, tap Menu, then tap Devices, then tap Alarm Base Station, then tap the Range Extender you wish to remove.
- Tap the Gear icon on the top right corner, then tap Remove.
- Unplug the Range Extender and then plug it back in.
- Wait a few seconds and if nothing happens then press and release the button on the right hand side.
- The app will let you know the device was removed. Leave the Range Extender unplugged until ready to use again.
How do I factory reset my Range Extender?
If you've tried all of the above steps and you're still having difficulty with your Range Extender, you can try to factory reset the device. Note: This will remove device settings and reset the device back to the original default settings.
If you have tried all of these steps and it still doesn’t work, we recommend reaching out to our support team for assistance.