Your Ring Alarm Keypad gives you hands-on control of Ring Alarm. It’s used to arm and disarm your Ring Alarm system when you’re inside your home or business.
- MOUNTING: You can mount the Keypad on a wall or place it on a table near a door you use often.
- POWER: It connects to power using the included USB power supply and cable, but you can use it plugged in or unplugged. It takes a few hours to charge the internal rechargeable battery, and it should last for about 7 months, depending on usage.
- SIREN: The Ring Alarm Keypad acts as a second siren that sounds when your Ring Alarm is triggered.
- CHIRPS: Enable chirp tones in the app under the keypad device page to hear when a sensor is triggered
Additional Keypad Specifications:
Keypad (2nd generation)
Where should I install the Keypad?
- Install your Keypad near entry points - the doors you use most often to come and go.
- You may want to install an additional Keypad in an upstairs bedroom or basement family room, for convenient arming and disarming.
Where should you avoid using a Keypad?
- Don’t use it outdoors or in environments with extreme hot or cold temperatures.
- Don’t use inside detached garages, warehouses or sheds. Alarm devices should always be used in the same building as the Base Station.
- Don’t use near water or chemicals.
- Keep out of the reach of small children (who may play with the keypad)
How to setup and install a Keypad:
- Make sure your Ring Alarm is disarmed.
- In the Ring app, tap Menu, then tap Set Up a Device, then tap Security Devices, then tap Keypads, and tap Keypad.
- Follow the in-app instructions to complete setup.
- Choose a convenient location so you can arm and disarm easily as you come and go.
- You can rest the Keypad on a flat surface or install it on a wall with the bracket and screws provided.
Note: If you're planning to use the Keypad unplugged, you should fully charge it first
Arming and disarming using your Ring Alarm Keypad