The Control Centre in the Ring mobile app enables Ring users to see and manage their authorised mobile, desktop and tablet devices, and third-party services linked to their Ring accounts.
The following article answers commonly answered questions about Control Centre.
What is Control Centre?
The Control Centre provides you with the ability to view and control important privacy and security settings from one easy-to-use dashboard.
What can I do with the Control Centre?
With the Control Centre, you will be able to do the following:
- Account Control
- Two-Step Verification: You can opt to receive an email or a text message when logging in to your account.
- Customer Support Verification: Using this will generate a one-time that you can use to identify yourself when calling into Community Support.
- View and Remove Authorised Client Devices: See and remove all the phones, tablets, and computers that are authorised to log into your Ring account.
- View and Remove Shared Users: Manage the Shared Users associated with your Ring devices, and easily remove them from those devices.
- View and Remove Linked Third Party Accounts: See and remove all services linked to your Ring account.
- Video Storage Time: Choose how long your videos will be stored by Ring and accessible in the Ring app.
- Note: You will need a Ring Protect Plan in order to store videos.
- Shared Video Management: You may choose to share a recorded video via email social media for your community to view. If you wish to remove or unshare the video, you can do that here.
- Video Encryption: Information on the methods of encryption that Ring uses to protect your privacy and security.
- Privacy Content
- View information: See how Ring keeps your personal information confidential and private.
- Third Party Service Providers: Scheduled to begin a slow roll out February 18th, 2020, Control Centre will have a new menu item under "Privacy Information and Control" called "Third Party Service Providers” which allows users to control and turn off Personalised Advertising.
- Public Safety Agency Policies: This page outlines Ring's video privacy, video retention, account privacy, and device privacy policies.
Why did Ring decide to create the Control Centre?
Given the importance of security, privacy and transparency, we decided to create a more centralised place in the Ring app where users can see and control important security and privacy settings.
This provides users with an easier, more direct way to select the levels of security and privacy that are important to them. We feel it’s critical to be transparent with our customers and help them be in control of their privacy and security settings.