Physically installing up your Stick Up Cam Plug-in is a simple process. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Note that you should set up your Stick Up Cam in the Ring App before physically installing it.
Click here for information on setting up your Stick Up Cam Plug-in in the Ring app.
Step One: Charge the battery (optional)
The Stick Up Cam Plug-in Cam can use a Quick Release Battery Pack as a power backup (sold separately). If you have purchased a backup battery, make sure it is fully charged by plugging it into a USB port using the provided orange cable or any other micro-USB cable you have handy. The battery is fully charged when only the green LED is lit.
- Remove the battery cover on your Stick Up Cam by twisting it counterclockwise to unlock.
- If the battery is already inserted, remove the battery.
- After charging, insert the battery into the bottom of your Stick Up Cam until it locks into place.
Step Two: Choose your location
Your Stick Up Cam will be happy just about anywhere indoors. It can sit on its own stand, or mounted to a wall or ceiling (with a special Stick Up Cam Mount - sold separately).
Choose a spot where it can provide the view that you want.
Step Three: Install Stick Up Cam on a table or a shelf
Place the Stick Up Cam at your chosen location.
Your Stick Up Cam is now ready to protect you!
- If you'd like a downward camera angle:
- Swivel the base around so that the long side faces the front, then tilt your Stick Up Cam so it points downward.
Step Three (alternative): Install Stick Up Cam on a wall
- Remove the base of the Stick Up Cam by unscrewing it using a standard Phillips-head screwdriver (not included).
- Re-attach the base to the back of your Stick Up Cam with the "UP" arrow on the racket pointing upward.
- Remove the mounting bracket by sliding it down to remove it from the base.
- Hold the bracket against your wall, making sure the "UP" arrow is pointing upward, and mount it with the included screws.
- Mount your Cam by guiding the grooves in the base on the hooks on the bracket. Slide Stick Up Cam down to secure it to the wall.
You can now rotate your Stick Up Cam to the desired angle and check out the live video in the Ring app to make sure you have the view you want.