If you have a Ring Protect plan subscription, you can refine your motion alerts to distinguish between people and other motions using Smart Alerts in the Ring app:
- Tap the menu icon on the top left
- Tap Devices
- Select the relevant device
- Tap Motion Settings
- Tap Smart Alerts
- Tap Enable Feature, then Continue
- On the next screen you'll be able to decide whether to record and send alerts when people, other types of motion or packages are detected
- Once you've adjusted your settings, tap Done
If it's not clear whether a motion event contains people, due to lighting, weather or other conditions, you may still get a Motion Alert.
This feature is available for all Ring Video Doorbells and Security Cameras.