You can purchase a back-up battery for your Ring Stick Up Cam Plug-In in case you lose power for any reason. The Ring app will notify you when the battery is getting low.
How do I recharge my Stick Up Cam battery?
Your Stick Up Cam battery is charged using a common micro-USB cable (an orange one is included in your Ring box). The micro-USB cable can be plugged into any USB power source such as a computer. Your battery will take around five to 10 hours to fully charge depending on whether the USB cable is plugged into a USB port or into a wall outlet.
To charge your Stick Up Cam battery:
- Open the battery compartment by twisting the battery cover counter-clockwise to unlock, then removing it from your Stick Up Cam.
- Connect any micro-USB charger to the charging port in the battery. During charging both the red and green lights will light up.
- Your battery is fully charged when the light on the battery shines a solid green (6-8 hours).
- Slide the fully charged battery back into Stick Up Cam until it clicks in place.
- Place the battery cover back onto your Stick Up Cam.
To see your battery charge percentage in the Ring app:
- Tap the three lines on the top left
- Tap Devices
- Tap the doorbell or camera you want to check
- Tap Device Health
- Check the percentage under Battery Level
The battery charge percentage will not change in the Ring app until the newly-charged battery is reinserted into the device.