Setting up your Ring Stick Up Cam Plug-In in the Ring app is simple. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Step One - Plug in the Stick Up Cam Plug-In
Connect the included indoor/outdoor power cord to the Stick Up Cam and then connect it to a standard power socket.
Step Two - Download the Ring app
To download the Ring app:
- On your mobile device, go to the App Store (for iOS devices) or the Play Store (for Android devices).
- Search for “Ring.”
- Download and install the Ring app on your mobile device.
Or visit ring.com/app on your mobile device.
Step Three- Create or log in to your account
If this is your first Ring product, you will be asked to set up an account.
To set up an account:
- Open the Ring app.
- Select “Create Account.”
- Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
If you already have another Ring device installed, simply open the Ring app.
Step Four - Tap “Set Up a Device”
Tap “Set Up a Device” then select “Security Cams.”
Step Five - Scan the QR code or MAC ID barcode on your Ring device
The QR code can be found on the inside of the removable battery cover for your Stick Up Cam Plug-In.
- Point the camera on your smartphone at the QR code or MAC ID barcode on your Stick Up Cam.
- This code can also be found on the product packaging or on the Quick Start Guide that came with your device.
- Centre the code in the phone camera’s view at the top of the screen.
- Once the code is recognised, a green square (for QR code) or a green line (MAC ID barcode) will appear, and the setup will proceed to the next step.
Note: If you experience issues with scanning the QR code or MAC ID barcode, you can select “Set Up Without Scanning” and select “Stick Up Cam Plug-In” to continue through the setup process.
Step Six - Specify your location
If this is your first time setting up a Ring device, you will receive a request from your phone informing you that the Ring app wishes to use your phone’s location services to pinpoint your location. Allowing the app to do so will assist with inputting your address.
Enter your address information into the app, then confirm it.
If you have established a location previously, you can select it from the list of your locations.
Note: Without a specific location, certain features of your Stick Up Cam will not work properly.
Step Seven - Choose where your Stick Up Cam will be installed
Select either “Indoors” or “Outdoors” based on where you plan to install your Stick Up Cam.
If you chose “Indoors,” select whether or not your Stick Up Cam will be facing a window.
Step Eight - Name your device
Select a specific name for your Stick Up Cam Plug-In to distinguish it from other Ring devices on your account. You can choose one of the default names that are suggested, or you can enter your own by selecting “Custom…” at the bottom of the list.
Step Nine - Connect to your Ring device
iOS: Tap “Join” when the Ring app asks to join the Ring wifi network.
Android: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring wifi network.
If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring wifi network, or if you chose to continue without scanning in step five, please follow the steps below:
- Press the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to the “Settings” app, then tap “Wi-Fi.”
- On Android, you may need to navigate to “Connection” then “Wi-Fi.”
- Select the Ring Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks. The network will appear as either:
- “Ring-” followed by the last six digits of the MAC ID.
- “Ring Setup” followed by the last two digits of the MAC ID.
- Once connected, close your “Settings” app and return to the Ring app.
Step Ten - Connect your Stick Up Cam Plug-In to your wifi
Be sure you’re near your router and have your wifi password ready.
- Select your wifi network.
- If you have more than one wifi network, select the network closest to where you will be installing your Stick Up Cam.
- Enter your wifi password and press “Continue.”
Note: After connecting to your wifi network, your Stick Up Cam may update its internal software. While performing an update, the light on the front of your device will flash blue. When the blue light stops flashing, you can tap “Continue” in the Ring app and begin using your Stick Up Cam.
Step Eleven - Test your device
Once your Stick Up Cam Plug-In has completed its update and setup, configure your Stick Up Cam’s motion zones, then open Live View to test your camera.