Routines are a series of commands you can instruct your Alexa to perform when it is connected to a Ring device. You can, for example, instruct Alexa to turn on your security cameras in the rear of the house by saying, “Alexa, I’m leaving.”
First, make sure that you've integrated Ring with Alexa.
Create a Routine using Alexa
To create a Routine in the Alexa app on your mobile device.
- Browse Skills in the Alexa app.
- Select Routines from the menu.
- Tap the plus sign (+) to Create Routine
- A screen titled When This Happens will appear.
- Tap the Smart Home icon.
- A screen titled New Routine will appear.
- Tap the Plus Sign (+) to the right of When this happens
- Then choose the Device for which you want to create a Routine.
- Select Add action, and then choose which action it completes.
- To receive a push notification when motion or contact sensor is triggered, select Send notification.
- Under From, select which Alexa device controls the Routine.
- Tap Create.
Note: To modify or delete a Routine, go to the Routines section in the Alexa app. Choose a Routine listed in the Enabled section to make your changes.