The Shared User feature in your Ring app can be used to add family and friends to your Ring account. This will give them access to your Ring devices, allowing them to do a variety of things, including a limited measure of control from an Alexa-enabled device.
Shared Users can:
- Activate Live View.
- Initiate two-way communication.
- View Event History.
- View stored videos through the Ring app.
- Turn on and off alerts for their smartphone, tablet, or PC.
Shared Users cannot:
- Use Alexa to answer and receive alerts when someone presses the doorbell or triggers the motion sensors.
- Use an Alexa-enabled device to access recorded video.
- Delete videos stored in recent activity.
- Add other Shared Users.
- Delete devices.
- Change motion settings.
- Change the Ring device name.
How to add a Shared User
In the Ring app:
- Tap menu (☰)
- Tap Devices
- Tap a device
- Tap Device Settings
- Tap Shared Users
- Tap Add User
- Enter the email address of the person you want to add as a Shared User.
- Select the devices you want to share with this person.
- Tap Send Invite.
Note: Shared Users must have their own separate Ring account to be added as Shared Users.