Ring Protect is an optional plan that covers monitoring and video recording services for Ring devices.
How do I subscribe to a Ring Protect plan?
You can subscribe by logging in to your account on Ring.com and going to 'My Plans' under the top right menu.
What are the features of the Ring Protect plan?
There are two paid subscription plans available:
- Ring Protect Basic covers one device at a location and includes video saving and sharing for your Ring devices, as well as an exclusive 10% discount on Ring.com. Terms and conditions apply.
- Ring Protect Plus covers all devices at a location. This subscription includes all the benefits of Basic, in addition to Assisted Monitoring for Ring Alarm extended warranties for your Ring devices.
The following chart lists all the features that come with each plan:
|Without a plan
Ring Protect Basic
Ring Protect Plus
|1-year limited warranty
|Real-time video with Live View||✓||✓||✓|
|Theft Protection 1
|Person Alerts (a notification when a person has been spotted)
|Rich Notifications (a photo preview of an alert without opening the Ring app)
|Video history for up to 180 days 2
|Video saving and sharing||✓||✓|
|Bulk download up to 50 videos at once
|Snapshot Capture 3
|10% off selected products at Ring.com 4
|24/7 Assisted Monitoring for Ring Alarm 5, 6
|Cellular Backup for Ring Alarm 5
|Extended warranties for eligible devices 7
Will my plan be automatically renewed?
Yes. As long as we have a valid credit card on file, you will be automatically renewed at the end of your subscription period.
1. Terms and conditions apply. Learn more about theft protection here.
2. For Ring videos recorded after July 1, 2022 you can increase how long they are stored in the cloud up to 180 days (previously 30 days). Video storage defaults to 30 days, unless you manually change your video storage setting. Changing your video storage time will only affect videos that are recorded after you adjust your storage time setting. To change your video storage time, log in to your Ring account or open the Ring app and go to Control Centre. Learn more about video storage time.
To keep important videos beyond that time, download them to your PC or mobile device. You may do this from the Ring app or by going to Ring.com and logging into your account. You cannot download multiple videos via the Ring app, only at Ring.com.
3. Ring takes recurring photo snapshots throughout the day so you can see what is happening between motion-activated events (videos) in your event history timeline. These photos are stored in your account for up to seven days. To keep important photos beyond seven days, download them to your PC or mobile device.
4. The 10% discount on Ring.com is available for Ring Protect Basic and Plus subscribers and those on the Ring Protect trial. Terms and conditions apply.
5. Ring Alarm is available in select countries.
6. You must have a Ring Alarm system to get Assisted Monitoring. Click here for a list of countries where Assisted Monitoring is available.
7. For extended warranty coverage to apply to your Ring device, the device must be within its original warranty period when you subscribe to Ring Protect Plus. Once the original warranty expires, the device will be covered under Ring protect Plus until you discontinue your subscription. Non-Ring and other third-party devices are not eligible for the extended warranty.