Ring Protect is a subscription plan that unlocks premium features for Ring products. With Ring Protect, your Video Doorbells and Security Cameras can record and save video with video history, for up to 180 days1, so you never miss an important moment. All Ring Protect plans also include the Ring Protect discount, which gives you 10% off select Ring products purchased on Ring.com2 (US, Canada, UK, EU, Australia or New Zealand).
Subscribe to Ring Protect
- From a web browser, log in to your Ring account.
- Go to the Protect Plan tab.
- Select Subscribe, then choose a plan and the devices you want coverage for.
- If you selected multiple devices and choose Basic, then the price of Basic will be charged for each device. Ring Protect Plus covers all devices at a single location for one price.
You will receive a confirmation email for your subscription purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew and continue until you choose to cancel it, which you can do anytime from your account on Ring.com. Learn how to cancel your Ring Protect plan.
Is the Ring Protect Plan required?
No. You can use a Ring device without a subscription. Features such as Live View, a live stream from Ring devices, are available without a plan on all Video Doorbells and Security Cameras. Additionally, you can use features like motion alerts, Two-Way Talk, and more without a subscription. Learn how to access and delete stored videos.
What are the features of the Ring Protect plan?
There are two paid subscription plans available:
- Ring Protect Basic covers one device at a location and includes video saving and sharing for your Ring devices, as well as an exclusive 10% discount on Ring.com. Terms and conditions apply.
- Ring Protect Plus covers all devices at a location. This subscription includes all the benefits of Basic, in addition to Assisted Monitoring for Ring Alarm extended warranties for your Ring devices.
How long do Ring videos stay without a subscription?
Video recording requires a subscription to Ring Protect. Without a subscription, you don’t keep recordings from Ring Video Doorbells and Security Cameras. To keep video recordings for up to 180 days, subscribe to a Ring Protect plan. Changing your video storage time will only affect videos that are recorded after you adjust your storage time setting.
Can you save Ring videos to your computer?
With a Ring Protect subscription, you can record and save videos for up to 180 days for Ring Video Doorbells and Security Cameras. Account owners and Shared Users can also download up to 50 videos at once from Ring.com. You can download videos to a local device (such as a computer), and share them with others. Learn more about video saving and sharing.
How do I update my payment method?
To learn how to update your payment method, see this article.
1 Your Ring videos in the cloud are stored temporarily, up to 180 days. Changing your video storage time will only affect videos that are recorded after you adjust your storage time setting. Check Ring Protect Subscription Plans for more information.
2 Terms and conditions apply. See terms and conditions for more information.