Setting up your Ring Door View Cam in the Ring app is a simple process. Scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Step One - Download the Ring App
To download the Ring app:
- On your mobile device, go to the App Store (for iOS devices) or the Play Store (for Android devices)
- Download and install the Ring app on your mobile device
Or visit ring.com/app on your mobile device.
Step Two - Create or Log in to Your Account
If this is your first Ring product, you will be asked to set up an account.
To set up an account:
- Open the Ring app.
- Select “Create Account.”
- Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
If you already have another Ring device installed, simply open the Ring app.
Step Three - Tap “Set Up a Device”
Tap Set Up a Device, then select Doorbells.
Step Four - Scan the QR code or MAC ID barcode on your Ring device
The QR code or MAC ID can be found on your Ring Door View Cam.
- Point the camera on your smartphone at the QR code or MAC ID barcode on your Ring Door View Cam.
- This code can also be found on the product packaging or on the Quick Start Guide that came with your device.
- Center the code in the phone camera’s view at the top of the screen.
- Once the code is recognized, a green square (for QR code) or a green line (MAC ID barcode) will appear, and the setup will proceed to the next step.
Note: The MAC ID is located on the indoor module and is on the side that faces against door. Once the device is installed the MAC ID will not be visible. There is another MAC ID, however, on the back of the device that will be visible once the device is installed.
Note: If you experience issues with scanning the QR code or MAC ID barcode, you can select “Set Up Without Scanning” and select “Ring Door View Cam” to continue through the setup process.
Step Five - Specify Your Location
If this is your first time setting up a Ring device, you will receive a request from your phone informing you that the Ring app wishes to use your phone’s location services to pinpoint your location. Allowing the app to do so will assist with inputting your address.
Enter your address information into the app, then confirm it.
If you have established a location previously, you can select it from the list of your locations.
Step Six - Name Your Device
Select a specific name for your Ring Door View Cam to distinguish it from other Ring devices on your account. You can choose one of the default names that are suggested, or you can enter your own by selecting “Custom…” at the bottom of the list.
Step Seven - Put your Door View Cam into Setup Mode
Press and release the button on the indoor portion of your Ring Door View Cam. Then tap the “Continue” button in your Ring app.
Step Eight - Connect to Your Ring Device
iOS: Tap “Join” when the Ring app asks to join the Ring Wi-Fi network.
Android: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring Wi-Fi network.
If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring Wi-Fi network, or if you chose to continue without scanning in step four, please follow the steps below:
- Press the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to the “Settings” app, then tap “Wi-Fi.”
- On Android, you may need to navigate to “Connection” then “Wi-Fi.”
- Select the Ring Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks. The network will appear as either:
- “Ring-” followed by the last six digits of the MAC ID.
- “Ring Setup” followed by the last two digits of the MAC ID.
- Once connected, close your “Settings” app and return to the Ring app.
Step Nine - Connect Your Ring Door View Cam to Your Wi-Fi
Be sure you’re near your router and have your Wi-Fi password ready.
- Select your Wi-Fi network
- If you have more than one Wi-Fi network, select the network closest to where you will be installing your Ring Door View Cam.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and press “Continue.”
Note: After connecting to your Wi-Fi network, the LED lights may flash on your Ring Door View Cam while it updates its internal software. Once the update is complete you can continue the setup. Please do not attempt to ring the Door View Cam at this time, as it will further delay the update.
Step Ten - Test Your Device
Once your Ring Door View Cam has completed its update and setup, push the front button to complete a test call. This will ensure your Door View Cam is ready to function.